RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First off I wanted to say that this seems to be a great forum. Theres a lot of knowledge that has helped me with a bunch of questions I've had.

Well I purchased an '05 RR HSE back on 5/30/09. Its black with the dark gray interior. Car had 57.5k on it when I bought it and seems to be in great shape. I'll be replacing the brakes this weekend, along with the PVC hoses. I do like working on cars, so this one should give me plenty of experience! Just for reference, I'm coming from a 2005 Honda S2000, so this will be a new experience for me.

Here is what I'm trying to figure out. I want to paint the backing of the headlights black, and also do the side lamps (for turn signals). I know that the headlights are glass, and that you just remove some clips to disassemble. I haven't been able to find out what people have done for the side lamps. Those seem to be held on by some type of adhesive / silicone. For the Hondas I'm use to, I've read that people heat the lamp assembly (sometimes using an oven!) and pull the plastic covering off. Then they paint the backing, re-heat it, and make sure it gets a good seal again to prevent condensation. Would the same concept work here? Has anyone else done it?

I'm also considering doing this to the tail lights as well. Does anyone have some advice for me? All information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read the post further down the page mate about colour coding lights.I painted the outside of my sidelights and i redesigned my rears there is a couple of pictures to and details how to do it. :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts