RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. 2009 l322 here w/ the luxury package.

recently, when listening to music all the sudden i began hearing a vibrating/rattling noise when a song came on with a little bit of bass.

i ended up tracking down the noise to the lower door speaker on the passenger front side of the car.

it does not seem blown or anything, just rattling A LOT and vibrating when the bass is on. or maybe it is blown? im not sure, but i would really like to fix this as music now sounds like garbage.

before i go to the dealer, do you think the speaker is blown or maybe the clips came loose or something? is this a common issue? thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
335 Posts
Only one? You're lucky! Actually I've traced all of mine using the balance/fader slider on the touchscreen and a cool frequency generator app (SONIC) from my iPhone plugged into the AUX port.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Super simple, remove the door panel and inspect it. it could be a grain of sand made it through the grill or someone used their foot to prop open the door and broke one of the cover mount. taking something so simple to the dealer is just a waste of money. If the speaker is blown you can easily get a replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts