RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I raise the front passenger's side window, the window motor doesnt stop when the window reaches the top. this causes a loud banging sound continuously as if the window wants to keep raising. this is preventing me from resetting the window as well. thoughts?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
loose regulator due to popped rivet. pull the door apart and replace the factory rivet with a crew/but set. 1 hour tops with lubing the runners, latch and throwing the ball for the dog.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
well dah! :roll: good grief do I really have to explain this? :? A crew set is where a crew comes in and fixes it for you while you set on your... never mind... :evil:

screw it. prefer screwing involves a splined lock washer and a nut or two. Much easier to install and cheaper than buying a rivet gun and a box of rivets.

disclaimer: spelling and grammer errors are frequent thanks to lack of sleep and FFS on a SK.

Fat
Finger
Syndrome

Small
Keyboard

Just pull the dang door apart, you'll see what I am talking about. :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Or I could just sell you a new door.. :lol:
Scotty

P.S. the window regulator would be an extra charge..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Could also be stripped teeth on the regulator.only one fix and that's to replace the unit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
PAULBROM said:
Could also be stripped teeth on the regulator.only one fix and that's to replace the unit.
Agreed, I had exactly the same symptoms.Stripped regulator teeth.Replaced regulator and used bolts instead of reriveting.Been fine ever since. :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I have it used..just sayin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts