RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard that the front passenger door latch controls the trunk opening and closing on a 95 p38? I had a mechanic tell me thats why my trunk wont open but it sounds crazy to me that the door lacth in the front seat controls the trunk. I have to find a way to get my trunk to open and close and don't have the money to waste on parts.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Your Mech. is correct you can get all the info needed by using search....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had another mechanic tell me all the problems are with a part in the trunk door... An Actuator (not sure if spelling is right not my strong point) So I have 2 different mechanics telling me 2 different parts both not cheap.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Both are correct depending on what has gone wrong. The ground signal and wireless come from the passenger door latch assembly. SO if you have no signal at the tailgate then you issue would most liikely be in the door. If you have signal at the gate then you issue would be the button or actuators.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to tell the difference? The button on the rear tailgate won't even open it. I can push the button but nothing happens. What test can I run to see and not pay someone to check it out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts