Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 RRS V8 Dynamic SC, 29K miles

I've moved to a house with a smaller garage in June. I have crammed 3 cars into a 2 car garage in San Francisco. Front parking sensors are set to engage automatically, and I use them to get right up on tandem parked car, when it goes solid red on the nav screen with solid beeping, I stop. Good.

As I enter the garage, the orange parking sensor light goes on as it's supposed to with slow speed. However -- 75% of the time now, nothing shows up on Nav screen when I approach an obstacle/the car in front, and it doesn't beep. Front parking sensors are not working. Prior to this, 100% of the time, it detected the car and beeped etc.

A few times, I'll get right up to the car in front, stop, and as I'm idling, the red warnings will go on and it will beep solid without me moving the Rover. As if it wasn't functional, then became functional. No accident damage or the like with my front bumper.

And now I have hit our 911 Turbo twice with the front of the Rover. No damage, but ... #(%&&*$*# . (and yes I know my fault). I'm generally on the phone, or family / dogs in the car, admittedly I could pay better attention, but I've grown to rely on these sensors and the space is tight. I need the proximity warnings.

Is there a software update or something for the front sensors on the early RRS's? I searched, found nothing.

B

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
690 Posts
No software updates that I know of. Have you physically inspected the sensors to make sure that they have not been damaged? It is possible that you tapped the 911 and damaged the sensor. We had something similar on the wife's 2018 Escalade after someone backed into her. We had the sensor replaced and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
312 Posts
I did at one point of a car wash powerwash my sensors causing them to be funky for a few days. Maybe ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good ideas, I've had a look at sensors and all looks good to me.

Haven't even washed the rover for 6 weeks so that's probably not it (and it doesn't really rain here in bay area much this time of year).

That said, same thing happened again today (no sensor warnings when pulling in). Guessing I will add this to the next service list !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts