RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front nor back windowes will not open or close and also my sunroof. i checked fuses and they are good. they worked fine then one day they would not open or close. any suggetions please.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Re: front or back windows and sunrroof will ot open nor close

most likely the connector on your switch pack has come loose. Set hand brake, open cubby, remove two screws and pull switch pack up and out. One bulb and one connector on back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

bgrateful73 said:
my front nor back windowes will not open or close and also my sunroof. i checked fuses and they are good. they worked fine then one day they would not open or close. any suggetions please.
Yes i did that already also i also looked under both driver and passengr seat to make sure there where no loose connection there either! i had to change the passenger door substation a week or so ago because my passenger window would not roll down and for about a week it worked and now none of them work. would appreciate any help.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts

Have you checked the wiring at the switch pack to see if you have power? If so have you checked for proper ground?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yes my switchplate lights ups,thats what puzzles me!

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts

The light bulb has it's own power and ground feed ans has nothing to do with power for the switches.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts

Asuming you've checked fuses, then its the switch pack that has gone, normally go if they get wet from sunroof open and it rains or a cuppa split onto it.

Inside is a chip and its not a replacement item, you should be able to pick up a good 2nd hand unit somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i thank you all for the help and yes it was the switchplate and i got a used one and now the all roll up and down! thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts