RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some Arnott Gen II front air bags. I have read the forum and with the instructions readily available I plan to try to install the front bags myself.

My only concern is disconnecting the air hose on the top. Is it similar to the collet on the air dryer where you press down on the metal piece and pull up to disconnect the hose?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Medcap,

That part of the install is very simple and takes all of 5 seconds. The blast-o-air you get from the release of pressure is nothing like the legend you may have read on the forum or rr.net. I was expecting it to rock my driveway, but no.

It's an easy install. First spring will take you 2 hours probably, second will take half that time. I can do them now in 25 mins each (have done on 4 Rovers so far for buddies and self) and I'm absolutely not a mechanic! Biggest smoke screen waste of LR tech time which nobody should ever do. Totally a DIY project.

Best of luck! If you get stuck, check instructions on Dennis' site too.

Art in San Jose

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you're doing fronts, be sure to remove the fender liners. W/o the liners, the job is piece of cake.

I installed GenII as well, but I personally didn't face any fitment issue.

W/ regards to the air line, the hard part is not the pulling out part, but putting that thing in properly. If you're lucky, it will be a piece of cake. If not, be ready to hear the hissing sound, and do the air line install couple of times. As a safety precaution, have couple of those airline collets handy.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well, unfortunately, you cannot find the collets that easily. Home Depot/Lowes certainly do not carry them. Rover Renovations and places like Atlantic British certainly carry them, but for the price of collets, I'm reluctant to pay shipping on these, so I've been looking for a local source myself. Since you're in SoCal, If I find any, I'll let you know.

If you're replacing bags, you can reuse the collets from your old bags. That's 2 collets that you have as a backup.

·
Registered
401 Posts
medcapequip said:
Where can I get additional collets and size? Home Depot sell these?
I really hope you don't go looking for a head gasket at walmart. :D Sorry had to. :D
Why would you need more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts