RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the front fog lights with led (more brighter) , Any idea how to , I can’t find how to do it. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Just change the light bulbs. Aren't there directions in your owners manual?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did this myself and it went extremely well, they are H11 bulbs and widely available, many kits come with adapters. It was a warm day (good for getting more bend out fo the plastic) and I was able to pop out the side fender at the front of the wheel well, reach in there and replace the bulbs with an LED kit with no tools. The LED kit I bought is crazy bright, instant on, no flickering and changes beams when I click the fog lights on, off, and on again within 2 seconds, I believe the description with the kit are high beam, low beam (both around 5000k white light) and Fog (closer to yellow). I couldnt be happier, instant on, no flickering and the wider backs were not a problem with the space behind the bumper. I am definitely moving away from the unreliability, delay and heat of HIDs as I get older, these kits are awesome.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
Just did this myself and it went extremely well, they are H11 bulbs and widely available, many kits come with adapters. It was a warm day (good for getting more bend out fo the plastic) and I was able to pop out the side fender at the front of the wheel well, reach in there and replace the bulbs with an LED kit with no tools. The LED kit I bought is crazy bright, instant on, no flickering and changes beams when I click the fog lights on, off, and on again within 2 seconds, I believe the description with the kit are high beam, low beam (both around 5000k white light) and Fog (closer to yellow). I couldnt be happier, instant on, no flickering and the wider backs were not a problem with the space behind the bumper. I am definitely moving away from the unreliability, delay and heat of HIDs as I get older, these kits are awesome.
LED upgrades are definitely a relatively inexpensive way to make your RR a little cooler. Seems like LED technology has improved a lot over the last few years. I’ve learned the hard way that you get what you pay for when it comes to LED and will only buy more expensive, higher quality bulbs. The cheaper ones will work great for a while but will have issues in a short amount of time. I’ve changed the interior lights as well as my fog lights and brake/backup lights.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts