RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Starting off by saying, yes I did a search for overnight suspension sagging and a majority of posts and responses point to a bad valve block (and lots of soapy water), but to my specific question, it relates to how the air suspension is supposed to work with regards to leveling when sagging.

I am experiencing front end sag when the car is parked overnight and have not taken steps to diagnose my particular problem, the front end pops up fast when I start it up in the AM, but what I am wondering is, if it IS a leaking air spring, let's assume for one moment that both front air springs didn't start leaking at the same time/same rate. Do the height sensors lead to letting air out of the spring on the other side of the vehicle to keep the vehicle's roll axis level, if not its pitch?

I've read some great posts from folks here explaining the thought that went into the EAS design on the L319/320. Wondering if what I'm experiencing is considered a "feature" ;).

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
EAS operates pretty much the same across all models. Having a 2006 it very possible both fronts struts are cracked and leaking. I have posted the entire wear pattern and why they air right up first thing dozens of times. Usually the right strut bladder fails first, the left will be behind it shortly. Most crack are at the upper end of motorway mode and lower end of normal mode. You park in normal mode, bladder leaks enough to lower until the cracks are no longer exposed at the roll of the bladder. If ignored it will settle more over night, but still raise right up. Ignored longer your compressor will need a rebuild from keeping up with cracks/leaks while driving. At this junction I would guest you are following the same pattern many RR owners face. Minor leaks settling only a little over night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts