RangeRovers.net Forum banner

141 - 160 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Murdered Out said:
It seems like this clunking stuff affeccted nearly every signle S/C. is the power worth the clunk and headache?
[/quote]

YES! lol The car performs!!! The clunking is more of a nusance than anything. That's why I haven't gotten rid of mine. And, I will get another one at the end of the year. In fact, they are talking about upgarding me to a new 08 or 09 S/C RRS, which I will have to think about. Also to bring you update to, I got my workorder from last visit, I'll send it to whoever wanted to see what was done, just send me a pm and let me know, otppero I'll be sending a copy to you. LR wants one more shot at fixing the front end noise. An engineer will be out tomorrow to look at it. However I told them if the thing couldn't be fixed, to leave it alone. I didn't want them to make the noise worse as that had happened the time I took in before last. They will check it out and let me know. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
maxwell, I do believe the same technology is on the 06-07-08-09 models and no change was made so be cautious. If some of the posts on the UK forum are correct then then the 08 and possibly the 09 are affected as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
maxwell said:
I also found the SC to be way to jerky when driven in the city. Mostly a function of having a forced induction engine in stop and go driving. Add in the harshness of the 20's and the Sports suspension,

I do most of my driving in the city and my SC doesn't seem that jerky, at least not for a high perfomance car, but then, I also own a SC Mustang Cobra, so maybe the RR seems smoother compared to the Cobra.

·
Registered
179 Posts
otoppero said:
They will turn around and sell it to someone else. I am positive they will not offer information regarding the vehicles Lemoned past. Just like when I called LR Tacoma, and they stated they had no serious TSB's with the RRS nor any issues with suspension problems. I also learned that they, LRNA, make you sign a gag-order when you "surrender" your vehicle.
The "gag-order" pertains only to the details of the settlement. The car will be wholesaled out to some used car lot and sold as-is. By law, the VIN has a buy-back label attached to it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks, NY, not getting that far in the process I figured they would try to hide it (the fact that it was Lemoned) some how. I thank you for posting the correct information. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I should let you all know, and update you, after three weeks of my dealer having my car for steering nclunking and front end clunking, they think they have finally fixed it, although I won't know until I pick up my car, but that won't be for at least another week, because after they had finished the service on my car, while parking it, they scraped the bumper and now have to paint it. I seriously think my SC RRS is jinxed. Anyhow, when I compare my workorder with the TSB's umbertom has posted, I will let you know if they same work was done or not. I have copies of my previous work orders, but can't seem to get them to paste into, this reply. If I figure it out, I will post them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I swear we have the same luck. The bumper damage sounds oddly familiar :wink: Right Front? Just a guess but..............

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, it sounds familiar to me, too. I may have gotten the sibling of your car. No, not the front bumber, rear bumper, second time. The first time they scarthced it, it was on the right rear, I told them to leave it. It wasn't that noticable and in fear they would butcher the paint job. This time, I have no clue as to where the scartch is on the rear bumper, but they assured me it wasn't that bad. Hmm, yeah right. I told them while they were painting it, go ahead and paint the scratch from the pervious incident. I got, "Oh. That's right. There was a scratch from before." Yeah, and damgaged rim that took over a month to fix and have it rechromed. I am not taking the car back in for anything else. That's it! I will have our independt RR mechanic, who did my brakes, change the oil and do whatever necessary maintenance needs to be done. And as for the clunks and noises, NO MORE! I'm leaving the car alone. Those will be LR's problems to worry about when I turn the car in next May. I'm done!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just a expalination of why my car was in the shop for so long. You'l love this. I took the car in for it's 15,000 mile service and clunking noise when steering, not just a thud, but more like something was breaking. Anyhow, my dealer called me, after a day, said they noticed the front end was still making noise, slightly, which I knew, but this is the quietest it has been, other than not making any noise, and they wanted another stab at fixing it, said they wanted to take another approach than what they have done in the past. I told them I didnt' want them to touch it, I don't think they could fix it, they haven't been able to fix it in the past, what made them think that it could be fixed, and last time they attempted to fix it, the noise was 10 times worse than when I brought it in. After they fixed what I had asked them to fix, they called me back, again, wanted my consent to fix the front end clunking. They had an LRNA Rep there, an LRNA engineer, two shop foreman's, one from my dealer and one from another dealer, and two mechanics, all wanting to fix the car. Well, I gave in, told them to go ahead, try to fix it, but they better not give the thing back to me worse than it was when I brought it in, otherwise, I would drive straight to the dealer where I bought it, and raise hell. That's when they brought upgrading me to an 08. Anyhow, Since the car is still in the bodyshop, I don't know if the car is fixed, for now, or whether it's making noises or not. When I get it back, I'll let you know what the results are. :roll: I'm in the process of uploading my past work orders, for anyone who is interested and can tell me, Umbertom, what all they did to the car, cuz I can't read those darn things.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't do it...08's are the same. Lets decided on our new ride together, we could not possibly have a worse experience than what we have had with LRNA.

·
Registered
235 Posts
otoppero said:
Don't do it...08's are the same. Lets decided on our new ride together, we could not possibly have a worse experience than what we have had with LRNA.
Agree - I have an 08 and same issue. Please keep us posted on your repairs and hopefully final fix...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Could you please list your repair orders, if any. Also it is always funny to hear what "reason" LR has told you and other members here what exactly is at fault. Could you also give us a general idea how they have treated you and the problem. Thanks for coming forward and welcome to the Clunk Crew.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had them look at my front end as it would often make a loud “Clack” when turning right.

As I expected they told me that it was the Dynamic Response, that they would do a software update, but not to expect much change.

Now my intermittent “clack” has gone to be replaced with the much more annoying “clunk” over bumps.

Bugger!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I get to welcome two people to the club in two days......I hate to do it but.........Welcome to the CLUNK CREW, Rob. Like my prior post please list what your dealer has told you, repairs to date and any BS stories they may have tossed in for good measure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing like opening up an old thread...but... :naughty:

I just test drove a 2010 Supercharged.. and oddly I kept hearing this sort of knock/thud from the driver front end suspension. I was concerned and told the sales guy, but being it was a CarMax sales guy.. he just said he would have it service guys talk a look.

Anyway. .. . I see this thread started in 2007 - Has LR not solved this problem? For some 3+ years of production this is still an issue? Please tell me I'm wrong in this?

This will be my second LR if I find the right SC, but this steering thud has be a bit concerned.

Any input would be most helpful. (added a pic for giggles)`)

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
probably some beaten up RRS. being it a S/C, it could have previously been accelerated and started hard. normal day to day should not result in a drive shaft being loose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I showed up early and it was the first start of the day, and I took it pretty easy...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got a call back from my Manhattan Land Rover with the following:

Job#Op Code(s)Description of Work to be PerformedT.U.LaborPartsTotal
REMOVE & REPLACE FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM 8$172.76
BUSHINGS, UPPER & LOWER BALL JOINTS AND$157.42
FRONT AND REAR ANTI ROLL BUSHINGS 4$103.84
PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT & WHEEL 3$92.90
BALANCING $97.962.464.88

This quote is absolutely ridiculous! I know I can just replace the LCA (which has new bushings on them) and pay $300 each. The ball joints and sway bar bushings parts cost is about right. I'm sure I can go elsewhere if i buy the parts on my own and have the labor done for way cheaper than what the dealer is asking.

Does anybody know if the swaybar bushings are the same for the front and rear?

141 - 160 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
53 Participants
jakoh
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing