RangeRovers.net Forum banner

101 - 120 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes I do agree, that the REP was full of it. I want everybody to know accident or not that I loved driving this RRS and would own another if I did not have to deal with poor customer service. Both LR Bellevue and Seattle have had ups and downs with me in regards to service and sales. Overall the upper management I believe held their hands behind their backs when it came time to getting it fixed and making it right for me. I told the REP at LRNA that he has put some trust back into me by making the correct choice and buying the RRS back. This forum is honestly the best out there and I will be making a donation to it before I go. I challenge all users to do the same. This site has done so much for me, and that should not go unnoticed. Cheers to all and a special thanks to umbertob for all your help. If I don't buy a NSX that just came up for sale and find a D then I'm sure ill be back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
otoppero said:
This forum is honestly the best out there and I will be making a donation to it before I go. I challenge all users to do the same.

I already have. I hate to see you go. Please stay in touch and keep us up on how the buy back is going.

·
Registered
179 Posts
otoppero said:
ME TOO. THEY GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID IT WAS A GO FOR BUYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I'm happy you were able to get a favorable response back from LRNA... I know you were getting anxious.

·
Registered
103 Posts
otoppero said:
I would get another one today if I was not told by the dealer and the Northwest Rep that ALL RRS have this problem.
I was told that only the S/C RRS have the problem, and not sure the 08's have the problem or not. The S/C's have a different suspension system than RRS HSE's. Two people I know who own RRS HSE's don't have any suspension noise.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks NY sorry I did not send you a PM. I posted then when looking for a new ride. I'm thinking D, G55 or a 12,000 mile NSX just came on the market here in town for cheap so, I'm still undecided. I will post with the finial details when I get them. Thanks to all for your help and input, it has not gone unnoticed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Just wanted to let everyone know that my clunking noise is BACK! Yay!

For now its still subdued, very muffled and disappears after about 15 minutes of driving, but nevertheless its nice to know that I own such a quality product :)

I am going to wait until it gets louder and go for service again....and again.....and again...and again....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
The next service visit will be the 2nd time I report the clunking noise. While I am upset about experiencing what looks to be an inherent suspension design flaw (rather than a one-off defect), it does not yet bother me enough to start working towards the buyback process. When I start thinking about the amount of effort and time I will need to invest into gettting a buyback, I get suicidal.

Then there is a pleasant process of explaining the nice people at the LR dealerhsip that RRS is NOT a God's gift to the world and that they are NOT giving me a once in a lifetime opportunity by asking to pay $5K over the MSRP. If you are on either coast, just visit your local LR dealership to see what I mean. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Finally there is a concern that the replacement RRS I get (and I will have get it because i dont like anything else on the market) will be a POS lemon, like some posters on this forum have a pleasure to own.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Must be a NY issue to have such awful sales people in your dealership! (Just kidding...)

Come down to Texas next time for your RRS, we'll get you a nice easy deal, you can enjoy the ride home, and it will be pain free.

:D :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
You are correct about the effort. It has been better than dealing with the dealers though. I liken it to a broken nose over a root canal. I too don't want any other vehicle but I don't want to go through this crap again, so I'm in a Subaru for now as the daily, have the D1 for fun and have been looking at an NSX or a clean p38. Keep on them and stay in touch if you need ammo against your dealer. Don't let them give you that TSB and tell you, " It is a normal operating aspect of this vehicle and we can't do anything to help you" bull shi#.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
PJPR01 said:
Must be a NY issue to have such awful sales people in your dealership! (Just kidding...)

Come down to Texas next time for your RRS, we'll get you a nice easy deal, you can enjoy the ride home, and it will be pain free.

:D :D
Its deinifitely not a NY thing....numerous posts on this forum indicate thats its more of a "coast" thing...ie NY, NJ & CA....particularly bad places being NYC, LA, and SF. Some people in Florida also got hit by it. It basically happens in every densely populated area with a lot of people with relatively high incomes. Once demands exceeds supply, the sales people stop giving a ****. And why would they?

Re: getting an LR in Texas - wasnt there some kind of an unfair business practice that LR instituted that penalizes dealers selling to customers out of state? There was a post about it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
eugenek said:
The next service visit will be the 2nd time I report the clunking noise. While I am upset about experiencing what looks to be an inherent suspension design flaw (rather than a one-off defect), it does not yet bother me enough to start working towards the buyback process. When I start thinking about the amount of effort and time I will need to invest into gettting a buyback, I get suicidal.

Finally there is a concern that the replacement RRS I get (and I will have get it because i dont like anything else on the market) will be a POS lemon, like some posters on this forum have a pleasure to own.
I put off looking into the lemon law because I assumed it to be the most grueling process imaginable. I started researching it and decided to invest 10 minutes of my time to type a letter and $3.25 to send it via certified mail. 2 weeks later, I had a letter in my fax machine stating that LRNA has agreed to buy it back. A buy back isn't the only option. In fact, its the most expensive option for the manufacturer and the least likely outcome. Since you want an RRS, ask for a replacement. Worst case, you get a brand new RRS with the clunking

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
NY S/C said:
I put off looking into the lemon law because I assumed it to be the most grueling process imaginable. I started researching it and decided to invest 10 minutes of my time to type a letter and $3.25 to send it via certified mail. 2 weeks later, I had a letter in my fax machine stating that LRNA has agreed to buy it back. A buy back isn't the only option. In fact, its the most expensive option for the manufacturer and the least likely outcome. Since you want an RRS, ask for a replacement. Worst case, you get a brand new RRS with the clunking
Thats very interesting. I would never think that LR would stand behind their products so much that they would actually replace the vehicle based on a documented recurring problem without being threatened by a lawsuit.

I will give LR the benefit of the doubt and will go for service one more time, giving them a chance to fix it. If it starts doing it the 3rd time, I will contact LR. Its really not the noise itself that bothers me - there is always cranking up the radio. Its the fact that my wife and little daughter are frequently in the car and I dont want anything bad to happen to them if a suspension component fails while the car is travelling 60mph on the highway. Nobody can really guarantee that the clunking noise is "harmless".

My biggest concern with the replacement is not getting a new RRS with the clunking. Its getting a new RRS that will start falling apart after a couple of month - failing to start, having suspension problems, steering wheel shudder and many, many other things people on this forum has complained about. The last thing I need in my life right now is a vehicle that spends more time at the dealer than at my house. In other words, I prefer to have one small problem rather than several big ones.

Can you please PM me with a high-level overview of what you wrote in the letter?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
and that's why I had put "Just kidding" in the comment...I was being facetious, just pulling your leg a little...but I see I hit a sensitive issue.

Anyway, about selling from state to state, it happens here ALL the time because the dealers here do treat their customers well, and so people have come here rather than dealing with other less customer friendly dealerships.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm back from vacation and I will be calling my dealer first thing Monday morning, to schedule, yet again, another appointment, to fix the A/C noise, steering noise and yes, the dreaded front end clunking, although it's not constant as it was previously, but it's still annoying. What I don't understand, and someone can help me out here if they know, why can they fix the car, make it quiet, but it won't stay fixed? Can someone explain this to me? I just don't get it. I will also be calling LRNA as well. I'll keep up posted. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hope your vacation was an enjoyable experience. I wish I knew the answer to your question. Mine seem to get worse every time I brought it in though. Stay on them about getting it fixed, I believe that is a safety issue. They claim to not know what it is, DO NOT know how to fix it, so how can they tell it is safe...?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My dealer claims they know what it is and that it is safe to drive, but it does make you wonder if it can't stay fixed, is it safe? Just to let you all know, while I was on vacation, thanks, it was enjoyable, my hubby took my RS in for brakes, they, an independent RR mechanic, a friend of ours, replaced pads rotors and did all the necessary adjustments, like the sensor thingy so after a week of driving, the idiot brake light won't ilimunate, etc. The cost was $700 for everthing where the dealer was going to charge me something like $600 for brakes alone, pads only and adjustments. There's more to the brake story, some inside tips the mechanic gave my hubby, but it's too detailed to explain and I can't remember it all, but I do know he said, now-a-days they are making the rotors a lot softer than the pads and therefore your rotors will wear faster and will need to be replaced after a year of driving. Nice.

101 - 120 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
53 Participants
jakoh
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing