RangeRovers.net Forum banner

81 - 100 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Beachy said:
This is what you have all been waiting for. MY CAR IS FIXED!!!!! YEA! Now, I can't tell what all was done to the car and how they fixed it because I didn't get my paperwork back I got there right at closing because wasn't done until then and it takes me almost 30 minutes to get to the dealer and no one, service manager, service writer, was there to ask questions and the tech was still inputing the repairs and I didn't want to wait around. They will be mailing my paperwork to me, so when I get it, I will let you know what all was done. I do know they ran the software update but don't know if that fixed it or if they had to fix something manually or both. All I know is the steering is quiet and so is the suspension. The steering also seems to be tighter, which was something else I complained about, ti being loose, I guess they thought it was all in my head. My car is now the new car it once was. So knock on wood it stays quiet. I'll let you know what all was done to the car as soon as I know and hopefully you can benefit from it.
That's awesome! Please let us know about what your dealer did to address your issues.

·
Registered
103 Posts
[quote="sbkim
That's awesome! Please let us know about what your dealer did to address your issues.[/quote]

I will definately let you know. I'm gong to call my dealer today to remind them I'm waiting on the paperwork. I have to tell you, all. We drove the car to Vegas over the weekend, it handle like a charm. Got it up to 120, before I told my hubby to slow her down. It's Kind of scary when you're not the one driving. Also, no clunking from the front end, even over an old rocky, dirt road. Now, there is some clunking noise when the car is off camber, but it seems to be coming from under the car, it's not very loud, and from what I have been told in the past, this is normal. The car is very solid and quiet in normal driving conditions, so I'm not going to worry about that noise.

I wish you all the best in your repairs and I soon as I hear anything, I will let you know

Thanks to all for being there for me! You're a great group of people.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Beachy... don't leave us hanging too long. It sounds like their printer is as slow as the TECHs to get stuff completed. The "Clunk Crew" needs you. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
otoppero said:
Beachy... don't leave us hanging too long. It sounds like their printer is as slow as the TECHs to get stuff completed. The "Clunk Crew" needs you. :D
I think I'm the one who has been left hanging. Some not so good news, I have clunking when steering, again. It's not too bad, but it irritates me to no end that it can't stay fixed/quiet. If it gets worse, I'll take it in. I've already called LR and my service dept and told them about it, so it's a waiting game. I'm tired.

Calling the service dept. right now to find out where my paperwork is. I'll get back to you all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to know exactly what you are going through. If they try to pull that well we tried everything BULLSH#T so it must just be normal crap tell them where to shove it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
otoppero said:
BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to know exactly what you are going through. If they try to pull that well we tried everything BULLSH#T so it must just be normal crap tell them where to shove it.
Yep. That seems to be my car's MO. It's not that noticeable, but "I" notice it. My husband is tired of all the BS, too and tells me to let it go unless it gets worse. And, sometimes I hear a clunking noise from the front end, but it's not that often and not that loud. However, from what I understand, talking to RRS HSE owners here on the site and S/C owners on the street, the car will make noise. And I understand that, especially with all it's equipt with. I have 18 months left on my lease, then it's down the road, unless it gets worse, then I think I may hit them with a Lemon Law suit. If the car can't be fixed after a year and several trips to service it, in my eyes it will never be fixed. The car is great other than that. There's no noise over speed bumps and during normal driving, so that keeps me happy and sane. I just hope the 2008's and the 2009's don't have the same problems. I don't want another car other than a S/C RRS, but not sure if I would buy another if they have the same problems. Thus is the reason we leased instead of purchasing and now I'm really glad we didn't purchase.

I haven't heard back from my dealer about the paperwork, but I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I guess the fact that you were on a lease has been lost by me in all of the talk about what you have been going through. So how would they pay you back for something like that? What is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
179 Posts
otoppero said:
I guess the fact that you were on a lease has been lost by me in all of the talk about what you have been going through. So how would they pay you back for something like that? What is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?
Leases are protected under lemon laws too. If they agree to buy the car back, any money you paid into it, including interest, down payment, license and registration all get refunded. Your lease contract would end and considered fulfilled.

·
Registered
103 Posts
otoppero said:
Of course I don't mind. Well, seeing how I got the car for Christmas, I'm not quite sure how much the payments are, and the lease is paid by his company, but I did hear my husband mention to someone that they weren't more than my Navigator and the payment on that was $1,100 a month. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
[/quote]If they agree to buy the car back, any money you paid into it, including interest, down payment, license and registration all get refunded. Your lease contract would end and considered fulfilled.[/quote]

Woohoo! Actually, I just got through driving my sport, and didn't hear any noise in the steering or anywhere. So, I don't know if it was a one time thing or if the climate has anything to do with it, but no noise is good noise...lol I don't think I can bear giving up my car even if they were to buy the thing back. As I said before, I'm going to have a hard time giving it up at the end of the lease. I get attached to things easily, I guess.

·
Registered
179 Posts
NY S/C said:
Prayn4Sno said:
Good news, I just got my truck back and I am happy to report the "clunk" is finaly gone. I had a tech ride with me to verify the noise and they replaced 2 worn sway bar bushings #RBX500280 (Left & right) The tech also said they have replace more than a couple of these already. After a long year of listining to that noise I can say again my truck is silent.....for now. They also replace a leaking coolant hose at the thermostat, and replaced my steering wheel because it was "delaminating."
I had the bushings replaced in Dec and the noise is back again. After 6 attempts and 21 days in the shop, I just sent my certified letter to LRNA to allow them one more attempt to fix this before I lemon
I got a fax from LRNA and they have agreed that my vehicle qualifies for repurchase under the NJ lemon law. I'm sending them all the finance papers so they can calculate the repurchase amount.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats to you, NY S/C. I'm only sorry you had to go through what you did and I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Good luck to you and your new purcahse. I'll keep you posted on my car. I plan to go back to my service depart afer I return from vacation in April to have the steering noise fixed, again, but not sure if I'm going to have them attempt to fix the front end noise again. Also, my air conditioning is starting to make squeaqking noises as well, so that will be fixed then, too. And the noises keep coming..........

I sitll love my car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
otoppero said:
Congrats... What do you plan to move to?
Beachy said:
Congrats to you, NY S/C. I'm only sorry you had to go through what you did and I'm sorry it ended the way it did. Good luck to you and your new purcahse. I'll keep you posted on my car. I plan to go back to my service depart afer I return from vacation in April to have the steering noise fixed, again, but not sure if I'm going to have them attempt to fix the front end noise again. Also, my air conditioning is starting to make squeaqking noises as well, so that will be fixed then, too. And the noises keep coming..........

I sitll love my car.
Thank you both. Aside from those noises, I love driving my RRS. I'll keep you posted with what I end up buying next.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ME TOO. THEY GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID IT WAS A GO FOR BUYBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I like driving the RRS. I would get another one today if I was not told by the dealer and the Northwest Rep that ALL RRS have this problem. Looking for a D90 or D110 if anybody has one in WA state PM me. I will stay here till all is finished, seeing as this is the BEST forum I have ever been to. Truthfully, Chris Runnels

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
And after all the half truths that the dealer told you in the past over this lengthy saga, do you honestly believe that all RRS's suffer from this problem. They are full of you know what.

81 - 100 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
53 Participants
jakoh
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing