RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
****, you guys in Cali really seem to have a lot of difficulty with your dealerships.

I had the clunking which began sometime around 15000 miiles. I told my dealership in Albuquerque and they fixed it right away. They said there is a bushing upgrade and they fixed it no problem. They also sent my wife home with a care package for us, T-shirts, little model RRS, 2 boxes of chocolate w/c by the way may be some of the best chocolate I've tasted, and a copy of LRL magazine. I have no complaints of my dealership.

·
Registered
126 Posts
umbertob said:
Maybe you just have a very hot wife. That still wouldn't work here in silicone valley (Southern California.)

:lol:

She is for sure. And I am not being biased.

But your right about it not working there in SoCal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to my world. I have been experiencing the same problem for year now. You need to make an appointment to take the car in. Don't let them tell you it's supposed to make that noise. Read my last post. "Softwar update." LR is having problems with suspension noises caused by the Dynamic Response system. To make a long story short and spare the rest who already no my delima's, your dealer may want to try and change out a bunch of parts, too many to list, and this may fix the noise for a while, but it will come back. After a year of jumping through hoops, and then telling me there is no fix for the car, I got a call from LR last week. There is a fix for the noise, it's a software update which just came out within the last month. I'm taking my car in on the 26th to get the update. I will let you know what the outcome is. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me a PM. :)

DeDe

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
I hate to be skeptical, but exactly how is a software update supposed to fix a physical clunking noise? I guess I would wonder what the software update is actually controlling physically...do you have a TSB to share on this?

Thankfully I don't have this issue...just curious though.

:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
front end clunking

No, I don't have a TSB. All info I have has been given to me over the phone by LR. I'll check my work order when I get the car back.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
My money is on Special Service Message # SSM36985 (this is not the same as a TSB), applies to: Front Stabilizer Bar - Vehicles With Active Stabilization Only. It came out very recently. I don't have the details, my GTR subscription just expired and I am too cheap to renew it. :wink: But if someone has an active one, perhaps they can check what the service message entails?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had work on the rear end of mine, too, once, and it's fixed. Umberto, I susbcribed to the GTR, but still couldn't get any of the files to come up completely, only the titel header. And, I couldn't get in contact with the site because I kept getting an error message. The message said if I kept getting errors to contact them. O-K? What a waste of $14. I know the site is the one having the problems and not me. I'll try again later today, see what I can come up with.

DeDe

·
Registered
787 Posts
OK this will be visit #5 to pin point the clunking sound. I have an apt Feb 25 and have requested to have a tech and or service advisor to come along for the ride. Well see what happens and ill let you guys and gal know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tell them you heard about the software update and you want to give that a try. Can't hurt. I have an appointment on the 26th to get the software update. I will let you know if it works or not. I'm praying it does, because I can't take much more of the noise and I really don't want to pursue the Lemon Law.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Guys - I just wanted to mention something. After I had the original clunking problem (which was fixed by the dealer as per my earlier post), I STILL experience it very briefly (for approx. 5 minutes) after starting the car and driving in temperatures of around 15F and lower. Its almost as if something just needs to be warmed up a little.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seeing how it doesn't get much colder than 50 degrees here, I don't think that's my sports problem. It doesn't matter if it's 50 degrees or 90 degrees, it still clatters and clanks. As I said in an earlier post, it's constant. The bigger the bump the louder it is, but even the slightest or bump or crack sets it off. I'm glad your car is only effected in cold weather. Wish that were my case. I'd be a happy camper if that was so. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep. The brakes are a little squeaky, especially in reverse. The suspension noise ticks me off to no end, too. It makes the car seem cheap. I got a call the other night, from JD Power & Ass., regarding my sport. Boy, did I give them an ear full. It feels good to vent. :lol:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any updates on whether the software fixed the clunking? My 1st oil change is coming up and I wanted to raise this issue. Thank you

·
Registered
787 Posts
Good news, I just got my truck back and I am happy to report the "clunk" is finaly gone. I had a tech ride with me to verify the noise and they replaced 2 worn sway bar bushings #RBX500280 (Left & right) The tech also said they have replace more than a couple of these already. After a long year of listining to that noise I can say again my truck is silent.....for now. They also replace a leaking coolant hose at the thermostat, and replaced my steering wheel because it was "delaminating."

41 - 60 of 237 Posts