RangeRovers.net Forum banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Worn bushings due to excessive understeer as the result of driving too fast on snowy and slippery roads. :)
Hey! Watch it, Goose!;)

Well, mine's finished. They didn't have the car that long. I can't find the receipt, or I'd list the time. It was the sway bar bushings. The replaced them and also noticed that the "left center bolts were de-threaded and damaged." They replaced them/that as well. Yeah, it's a big difference driving it around. Much quieter over the bumps.

I felt that the alignment was way off because the truck was darting around the road over surface imperfections. It felt like both front wheels were toed-in. I don't know if it's just me, but so far, that seems to be less pronounced. Am I crazy, or does replacing those bushings and whatever damaged bolts those were help with tracking?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Not sure what a left center bolt is (I suppose it would be like a Clinton bolt, an Obama bolt would be a hard left bolt). But my guess is the tech crossthreaded a bolt ptting it back on and got you a new one courtesy of LR.

The sway bushing doesn't impact toe, but will make things toighter feeling down there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My truck is being fixed right now I will post the list when I get her back ...but my drivers side wheel bearing was reallllllly bad and all kind of bushings the list was pretty long

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sure.. I didn't bring it to the dealership its @ a indy shop & there always good to me..I just spoke to them they said my car will be ready tomorrow afternoon. .. wait till I show you guys the pic of my brake line........... its got a huge bubble in it..I have never seen a brake line do that before...

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Ok - then I'm mistaken about KY jelly, thought it was the dealer. As the great actor, Steven Segal said in one of his great movies, assumption is the greatest of all f** ups.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I fixed both lower tables wheel bearing and brake line 1000 $ later...they didn't have time today to do the wheel alignment so its off real bad... anyhow I drove 3 km and the car is now saying special programs off I got the traction light on now along with suspension fault light and the the orange brake light..could this be a sensor or do you thinks its cause I have to do a wheel alignment?

·
Registered
67 Posts
So it turned out to be my alignment that was causing these faults all Is fixed now...but I need 4 struts..does anyone know if I can get them from any place but the dealership there 655 $ each for the front & 720 each for the back that's 3000 $ for all 4

·
Registered
417 Posts
So it turned out to be my alignment that was causing these faults all Is fixed now...but I need 4 struts..does anyone know if I can get them from any place but the dealership there 655 $ each for the front & 720 each for the back that's 3000 $ for all 4
wow very pricey, how many miles do you have that you need new struts?

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the link but I have a supercharged no one seems to sell struts for the S/C .... They just feel very bumpy like old worn out shocks... The funny part is after I fixed everything my suspension fault light stop coming on in red.. Now it comes on in yellow and it says to much lean in cornering ... Before I change my struts I'm going to do my drier fuse & software update this weekend before I dish out 3000$!!!! I won't lie I was very very close to just trading my car in for a 2007 Cadillac escalade... For a fair trade . But I decided to fix my baby....:dance:

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I have searched everywhere ... I can't find nothing! So are you trying to tell me there is no one this forum who has had to change there struts on there RRS S/C? I really don't feel like paying 3000$ PLEASE SOME BODY PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...:think:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would hope your right goosey...I'm hoping that if I change my dryer and fuse and update, that it will help the struts..I'm thinking maybe they aren't being pumped enough due the the dryer being blocked...I went on the British Atlantic site there selling the struts for more than the dealership lol...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is this particular type of "clunk" just related to the RRS S/C? I have a 2010 full size RR S/C that is starting to make the "clunk." It is infrequent and occurs when driving slowly and making a sharp turn....similiar to what occurs while parking the car. In addition, I've noticed that the steering wheel gets difficult to turn shortly thereafter. Almost, like the power steering is not operational. Is there any relation? The clunk and difficult steering issue are not reproducible. This has occured on 3-4 separate occasions. The vehicle has 38K on the odo. No other issues are noted while driving. Frankly, it drives and rides great. Other threads have mentioned sway bars issues causing the clunk in the full size RR and this thread has discussed the Dynamic response as being the issue with the RRS S/C. Any suggestions/opinions etc.... Thank you in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine turned out to be the anti roll bar links. Only a £15 part but the top wishbone needed lifting out to get to the nut at the top

181 - 200 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
53 Participants
jakoh
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing