RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 RRS SC with 15k miles after 1 yr. I had the dreaded front-end clunking noise so many have desribed on this forum since the beginning. Brought the vehicle to local Darien CT dealership aprox 7 mo's ago, and they claimed to fix the noise. No dice. No change, not fixed, and unhappy with the dealership. Took it to Jake Kaplan's in RI last week, went for a test ride with Luke the service tech, who immediately heard the noise over just a few small bumps and agreed it was not normal. I mentioned to him the front sway bar bushings that people here on the board said has fixed this problem on their SUV's. Got the truck back a few days later, and the noise is gone. They replaced the sway bar bushings. Not only is the clunking gone, but the front-end shimmy (not a wheel balancing issue) while accelerating above 50mph on the highway is also gone. Steering overall feels much secure with less play around town. They also fixed 3 of my rims which my wife and I managed to scrape over the past year. I just want to say thanks to all the feedback on this issue on this board, as it helped identify the potential fix, and reiterate the phenomenal overall service experience at Jake Kaplan's in RI. This is the dealership I bought the car at, as we were not satisfied w/ service at Darien CT dealer on my wife's HSE in the past. I gave them a chance to fix the noise after a few months of ownership, and that pretty much proved my point. The other difference is Jake Kaplan's gave me a Land Rover loaner...no rental car like at Darien. Jake Kaplan even delivered my SUV back to my house in Darien (aprox 2.5hrs) so that I didn't have to drive back to RI the following Saturday to p/u my car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's great news! I just took my 08 into the dealership this morning for the same issue. They knew exactly what it was before I even told them about the tech bulletins. Let's see how they do.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok I got the car back after little over a day. They replaced stabilizer bushing (per invoice) - probably the same as sway bar bushing. Sounds like a new car again. Let's see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
325 Posts
moodyblue said:
2010 RRS SC with 15k miles after 1 yr. I had the dreaded front-end clunking noise so many have desribed on this forum since the beginning. Brought the vehicle to local Darien CT dealership aprox 7 mo's ago, and they claimed to fix the noise. No dice. No change, not fixed, and unhappy with the dealership. Took it to Jake Kaplan's in RI last week, went for a test ride with Luke the service tech, who immediately heard the noise over just a few small bumps and agreed it was not normal. I mentioned to him the front sway bar bushings that people here on the board said has fixed this problem on their SUV's. Got the truck back a few days later, and the noise is gone. They replaced the sway bar bushings. Not only is the clunking gone, but the front-end shimmy (not a wheel balancing issue) while accelerating above 50mph on the highway is also gone. Steering overall feels much secure with less play around town. They also fixed 3 of my rims which my wife and I managed to scrape over the past year. I just want to say thanks to all the feedback on this issue on this board, as it helped identify the potential fix, and reiterate the phenomenal overall service experience at Jake Kaplan's in RI. This is the dealership I bought the car at, as we were not satisfied w/ service at Darien CT dealer on my wife's HSE in the past. I gave them a chance to fix the noise after a few months of ownership, and that pretty much proved my point. The other difference is Jake Kaplan's gave me a Land Rover loaner...no rental car like at Darien. Jake Kaplan even delivered my SUV back to my house in Darien (aprox 2.5hrs) so that I didn't have to drive back to RI the following Saturday to p/u my car.
you should forward this thread to both dealerships in the same email. they need to know that their actions impact their bottom-line. if i lived in RI, i know who I'd take my RR to no question based on your testimonies.

thank you and great to hear you're back to full fitness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had mine done. Had the clunk/squeak in front and clunk in rear after around 65k. I sourced the OEM parts and was going to do the job myself but did not have the time and had the dealer do it. I went ahead and had them replace the end links while they were down there because they are cheap. Resolved all noise and tightened up the ride immensely.

In case you want to do the job yourself or you want to compare prices to what the dealer is charging here is the parts list of what i replaced:

2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
***With Dynamic Stability Control***(i think all supercharged are DSC but you need to confirm)

Front:
Stabilizer Bar Bushing: RVU500011 (x2)
Stabilizer End-Link Right: RBM500140
Stabilizer End-Link Left: RBM500150
Stabilizer End-Link Washer: RYF500120 (x2) (Sold in pack of x5)

Rear:
Stabilizer Bar Bushing: RVU000022 (x2)
Stabilizer Bar Bushing Bracket: LR005746 (x2)
Stabilizer End-Link Right: RGD500140
Stabilizer End-Link Left: RGD500140

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's great news! I just took my 08 into the dealership this morning for the same issue. They knew exactly what it was before I even told them about the tech bulletins. Let's see how they do.
My '08 has the same issue. Any idea what they're charging you to fix it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just had mine done. Had the clunk/squeak in front and clunk in rear after around 65k. I sourced the OEM parts and was going to do the job myself but did not have the time and had the dealer do it. I went ahead and had them replace the end links while they were down there because they are cheap. Resolved all noise and tightened up the ride immensely.

In case you want to do the job yourself or you want to compare prices to what the dealer is charging here is the parts list of what i replaced:

2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
***With Dynamic Stability Control***(i think all supercharged are DSC but you need to confirm)

Front:
Stabilizer Bar Bushing: RVU500011 (x2)
Stabilizer End-Link Right: RBM500140
Stabilizer End-Link Left: RBM500150
Stabilizer End-Link Washer: RYF500120 (x2) (Sold in pack of x5)

Rear:
Stabilizer Bar Bushing: RVU000022 (x2)
Stabilizer Bar Bushing Bracket: LR005746 (x2)
Stabilizer End-Link Right: RGD500140
Stabilizer End-Link Left: RGD500140
Very helpful, thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
chdavis
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing