RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I never had any that came with my '00, should there be some kind of material/foam/barrier that blocks leaves and other flotsam from entering the body cavity? What does everyone here use?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Many folks have gone the route of metal window screening and paint it black. There are several postings on the replacement process.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
116 Posts
Assuming you still have the metal bracket in place, I highly recommend just buying the foam from LR instead of custom fitting another product... its cheap and very easy to do... remove the wipers (make sure you mark them), unscrew the exterior rubber door moldings along the A&B pillar, remove the plastic windshield trim and fit the new foam piece.... I am sure I am forgetting some minor details but you get the gist of it and as mentioned above, there are detailed DIYs on this with pictures, just need to research them

or get the real [email protected] very cheap

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Oh dear lourde no. That foam breaks down quickly makes a nice mess of your blowers and isn't exactly a quick repair. Although I am normally all for keeping things original this is a once and done fix that never needs attention. Around here that foam has to be replaced every couple years at a minimum IF you don't a sturdy leaf stalk go through it or have a bunch of needles stuck in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts