RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys explain these features and what they do...

Automatic Headlights with high-beam assist (AHBA)

Auto Dimming, powered mirrors with Approach Lamps and Memory Adaptive Xenon Headlamps..

Thanks...

Paul

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Auto headlights turn on automatically when ambient light falls below a certain threshold (a windshield sensor monitors it), such as at dusk or when entering a tunnel / underpass during the day. High Beam Assist uses a front facing camera to determine if there is traffic ahead before automatically turning on the high beams on dark roads when driving above a certain speed. Side mirrors dim automatically to minimize glare from headlights of cars behind yours, have small "puddle" / approach lamps underneath their housing that light up when you open a door or disarm the alarm remotely at night to illuminate the area near the front doors, and their position can be memorized, along with seats and steering column, for an individual driver in the programmable memory button on the door (3 programmable memory button available for different drivers.) Adaptive Xenon Headlamps swivel slightly in the steering direction when the car is traveling, to better illuminate the road into turns.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Auto headlights turn on automatically when ambient light falls below a certain threshold (a windshield sensor monitors it), such as at dusk or when entering a tunnel / underpass during the day. High Beam Assist uses a front facing camera to determine if there is traffic ahead before automatically turning on the high beams on dark roads when driving above a certain speed. Side mirrors dim automatically to minimize glare from headlights of cars behind yours, have small "puddle" / approach lamps underneath their housing that light up when you open a door or disarm the alarm remotely at night to illuminate the area near the front doors, and their position can be memorized, along with seats and steering column, for an individual driver in the programmable memory button on the door (3 programmable memory button available for different drivers.) Adaptive Xenon Headlamps swivel slightly in the steering direction when the car is traveling, to better illuminate the road into turns.
Are you sure it uses a front facing camera and not other type sensor? That be disappointing to have the front facing camera but no lane departure warning.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The shop manual describes it as "a low resolution camera (image) sensor, included in the rear view mirror, which detects headlamps and taillamps of preceding vehicles. The sensor is connected to the AHBA control module which evaluates the image data, checking for light intensity and location." So yeah, it sounds like a cheap camera, although I have to say I have been impressed by the system's accuracy overall in my LR4. It sounds gimmicky, but it works quite well and very rarely I've had to override it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts