RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received 1994 RRC from Spain. 300TDI, love at first sight. Cigarette lighter works to pop out lighter, however does not charge phone adaptor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Try the second lighter on the back side of center console...
That’s the one I use

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some of the charger plugs don't reach for enough into the socket to make contact, such that there is no connect at all.
Check your lead against something that definitely works for how long the plug is.

Or you can get an extension / multiple socket auxiliary lead to go into the RR cigarette lighter that has shorter sockets, some also display the car battery / charge voltage which is a useful way to get a running voltmeter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the charger plugs don't reach for enough into the socket to make contact, such that there is no connect at all.
Check your lead against something that definitely works for how long the plug is.

Or you can get an extension / multiple socket auxiliary lead to go into the RR cigarette lighter that has shorter sockets, some also display the car battery / charge voltage which is a useful way to get a running voltmeter.
Thank you!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The European DC outlet differs from the typical North American outlet, so some plugs may also fit "loose" in the LR "cigar lighter" socket. THis happens with my Garmin GPS plug, so made a half-circle rubber shim to tighten everything up. I keep two of them in the center cubby. This solution has worked flawlessly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts