RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,559 Posts
This is not a job for the faint of heart or for one who has little attention to detail or patience I must add. I am technical, patient, and tenacious... And I found the job to be a challenge. Totally doable, but a challenge. Just be ready to go-slow, keep up with every fender screw, bolt, etc in separate bowls or bags and take plenty of cell phone pictures along the way to see/remember where each screw and bolt goes.
You are absolutely right. I replaced my front bumper a couple of years ago after sliding on ice. It is doable, but takes a lot of time and a few cuss words.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are absolutely right. I replaced my front bumper a couple of years ago after sliding on ice. It is doable, but takes a lot of time and a few cuss words.
Hahahaha, I wove a tapestry of very colorful vocabulary after I found that the Park Assist didn't work after re-installing the bumper the first time!

2nd time I found 1 little prong tooth that didn't line up, pried it strait, reconnected everything up and Thank God it worked!

The Lord only knows how much the Stealership would have charged to do that 3 seconds of actual corrective work and then reinstall the total front bumper! I've learned that if I want to have a bad ass Rover for the rest of my life I'm going to have to do ALL the maintenance, upgrades, and fixes that I possibly can in order to justify keeping her. They are a tota 10 in performance, looks, comfort, drive-ability both on and off-road... catagories! But you gotta stay out of the dealership at all costs unless for that 1 time a year for maintenance in order to keep the warranty valid...

·
Registered
2 Posts
bumping this up to see if anyone can help with the procedure for replacing the front camera
Hi Guys,

I hope this helps. I’ve read and watched various articles about how to replace the camera in the front bumper of a L405. Most of which talk about taking the bumper off and typically indicate it will take around 3hrs.
It took me 10 mins today!
You simply push the faulty one inside the bumper and with a bit of fiddling around you can find it by simply going just over the bumper but below the front grill, pull it through, unclip the old one, clip on the new one, reverse the procedure and hey presto it’s done. You just need a bit of patience strong nimble fingers. Apparently you can do the same with the parking sensors!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi Guys,

I hope this helps. I’ve read and watched various articles about how to replace the camera in the front bumper of a L405. Most of which talk about taking the bumper off and typically indicate it will take around 3hrs.
It took me 10 mins today!
You simply push the faulty one inside the bumper and with a bit of fiddling around you can find it by simply going just over the bumper but below the front grill, pull it through, unclip the old one, clip on the new one, reverse the procedure and hey presto it’s done. You just need a bit of patience strong nimble fingers. Apparently you can do the same with the parking sensors!
I certainly hope you can/will do a write up then... Because the front bumper removal is/was a B!t(# for sure!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2021 RRS SE with Drive Pack Pro and guess what, no front camera?? Weird and annoying! Only front sensors now. Its a bit dissapointing to be honest. Anyway, looking to add one and wanted to know, where is the front camera located on your cars? Do you think mine is back wired for the front camera and can I retro fit one? Let me know and thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts