RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well I want to upgrade my RR front bumper, i'm thought to do one, but steel on a diesel one is not a very nice thing to do, it's heavy and I'm trying to keep him has light as possible, so my idea is to cut the original bumper to gain more ground clearance and better angles, thinking to do something like this:

I will cut the bumper in angle and create 2 metal pieces to go around the corners... Seems a bad idea? Am i forgetting something? lol

Regards,
once again, sorry about my english :)

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Tthe tranny cooler for diesels is located behind there. Will you be moving it or fitting an aftermarket option?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
My radiator will be replace by the 4.6/4.0 solution, the only thing that I have to check is the space to put the radiator, because in the diesel I have more the intercooler to take place.. But I have to remove the radiator from there somehow... I do offroad with mine and the radiator is very exposed..

Regards,

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I cut mine like that, SWMBO tore out a fog-light and some of the plastic on a pile of ice a few years ago. doesn't look half bad, doesn't look great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures pictures pictures :lol:

Regards,

·
Registered
494 Posts
of course it goes without saying you should cut a front spoiler to length and fasten it on...that **** would look like a locomotive coming down the road 8-0=
like the truck in jeepers creepers!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,
Are you talking about shupack or mine? :lol:

I forgot to tell, the grey parts on the picture are only to illustrate what I intend to do, the covering steel parts will be painted in black like the bumper.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
You know you can get caps for the wiper holes, Dennis?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
You know you can get caps for the wiper holes, Dennis?
yeah, one of these days I'll replace that wiper motor though....then I'll need new arms. I kind of like the mad-max look though....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts