Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
On the HSE the LR stated wear limit is 27mm for the front. New ones are 30mm. For reference at 30K I was down to ~28.5mm.

The OEM rotor is a pretty beefy rotor, but I can see w the weight of this vehicle some possible warpage issues creeping up if they get too thin so I'm not sure how many machinings these can take. I just changed mine. The OEM front rotors are ~80ea in the aftermarket, but the labor component to do that part of the job is much more so you don't want to have to go back and do that before the new pads are worn down.

Technically, if you are shy of the wear limit, you could just replace the pads if the discs are not too scored---you won't be flying through stop signs or anything, but its your call...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Even w pads only, $199 sounds like a good price from the dealer. Just be prepared for a new wear sensor ($30-ish), but I'm not sure what the dealer charges to replace that feat of engineering ineptitude.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
The original rotors are composite rotors to reduce weight. I believe this could be the issue with warping and the amount your can turn\resurface the rotor . Has anyone put any other rotor on like brembo's or ....?

Thanks,
T
Frisco, you mean like aluminum/iron composite?

I just ask 'cause the OEM ones I got (made in Poland) looked and felt (weightwise) like they were plain grey cast iron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts