RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the cast swivel housing, top and bottom swivel pins, bearings and stub axle from a 7 bolt swivel ball to an earlier 6 bolt swivel ball?

Looking at the parts manuals it seems that they should swap over but I’d like to know for certain. I know the offside housing has both a track control arm and drag link fitting compared to the earlier one that only had the track control arm but that won’t be an issue for me.

It’s for a project that I’m working on that needs this hybrid setup as a preference so any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the years of the rovers
I believe that the 6 bolt swivel ball was used up until around 1985/86 and then it changed to the 7 bolt flange.

When I look at the different parts like swivel pins and bearings etc from suppliers, they look very similar but I don’t want to fork out money buying parts if there not the right ones.

·
Registered
960 Posts
What I do with parts is cross reference
On Atlantic British ...
When looking for parts they tell what years and models the parts fit...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Pretty sure the non-ABS balls birfs and stub do fit in the ABS axle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies so far. I’ve looked at the ‘86 onwards parts manual and can see all the items that I’m interested in but I’m struggling to find a manual that covers the models up to 1986 which is when the bolt pattern seemed to change. Does anyone know where I can find one online or have one that they could take some photos of specific pages for me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts