RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share with you guys on my past weekend project.

Over the weekend i replaced the front and rear sway bar bushing with polyurethane bushing from lucky 8. The factory rubber bushing was creaking and knocking badly. (The vehicle bushings was replaced by the dealer 3 times already)
I removed all the sway bar brackets, drilled and tapped grease fittings onto the brackets.
Then I drill a hole and cut a channel in the bushing for the grease to lubricate the bushing.
So far so good, No noises and the vehicle feel tighter during turn.

I have pictures of the brackets with grease fitting installed to share with you folks, but I don't know why I cant upload it.
anybody here can guide me thru to upload the pictures.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
As a test.....
View attachment 269578

Go to reply, then advanced reply
Click the tab on the middle row that looks like a square with an image in it.Will say "Insert Image" when you hover over it
Click that then upload from your computer etc, then click "upload file(s)"
The image will then be inserted as above.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
Where does it say manage attachments?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have not replaced the bushings on a RRS but I have on a Jag - other than putting the initial lubricant on the metal to bush interface I did not put a grease nipple in so that they could continue to be greased.

Now you have done that and I can see the advantage, but was that on the basis of instructions that came with the bushes or something you thought would be a good idea?

Thanks

Garry

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I researched a lot about poly urethane bushing squeaking and need to be grease to stop the noise.
unfortunally the RRS front active swaybar bracket is a PITA to remove. Installing zerk grease fitting will make my life hell a lot easier to grease the bushings in the future to stop the squeak.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Powerflex recommend only using their own grease and the bushes are designed to take the grease and keep it... sometimes greasing them up without following the instructions makes them squeak...

https://powerflexstore.co.uk/
Eventually the polyurethane bushings will still squeak and need to be remove to apply grease to the bushing. Unfortunately Range Rover sports equipped with active sway bar is a pita to remove the driver side sway bar bracket. My only solution to save time is to install zerk grease fitting to make my life easier to grease the bushing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A follow up for the poly bushings for the front and rear sway bars
Already over 1 year, no noise and the turning still tight, no swaying on turn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts