RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything special about the front air spring connector to the air lines on a 2006 RRS? Typical Voss connector used elsewhere?

I installed Arnott's struts last Fall and the connectors are leaking now. They tightened a little bit but the o-ring is probably now distorted. Bubbles come out the bottom of these extended connectors(they're longer than the typical connector like what's on the valve block). No bubbles where the line goes into the connector(what I expected if the inner o-rings are bad or the line is scratched).

I have extra Voss connectors and wondering if I can just use them.

It's a tight fit on top of the strut tower - can these be changed out without removing the strut?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

Found the air leak on the front springs - it is at the base of the extension, not on the Voss connector. Found it by spraying soapy water at the connection. The hose and the Voss connections were fine, but it took a small mirror to see the bubbles form at the base of this extension. According to Arnott this part can't be removed(looks like it could if I machined a special socket).

So they were shipped back to the distributor under warranty and I installed another set. BOTH fronts had leaked - and both had the same manufacturing date. Less than 7k miles and about 10 months of use. One of the studs even broke off when I removed this fairly new set, so it almost seems like there was a QC problem. The new Arnotts even feel better on the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts