RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at about 122xxx miles and looking for something newer. I found a my13 non-cpo for $36k 25.5k mi. I'm looking also a my15 cpo with 21k mi. Any reasons besides the redesign and price difference that I should go with one vs the other? I'm really looking at what potential issues I should be aware of that are always prevalent in the newer redesigned models. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can offer my experience, I had an 08 Supercharged.
Then a 10 Supercharged
Now a 14 Supercharged

I *** loved **** the 10 supercharged. I really love the 14 Supercharged. Very different technology. Get the ACC with forward alert if you can find it on the 14+, it's worth it.

My take -- I think you would like the 13, or the 15... just two different beasts altogether. I sold 10 because it had 120K miles and was getting expensive at the dealer to keep it running. Otherwise would have totally kept it.

I wish my 14 Supercharged had rear climate (for my dogs in cargo area, not for people lol) otherwise super happy. I wasn't aware when I bought it (CPO) that it was even an option, oops.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you're getting a newer one, then you should get a newer one. :)

The '15 will feel fresh until the next major refresh 5+ years down the road, while the '13 is rocking the old design which (IMHO) is starting to look dated. Unless you need the latest infotainment, which will require stepping up to at least a '17, the '15 should have most of the features that the newer years do.

What engines are you looking at? '14 I believe introduced the newer gen supercharged V8 engines which are simply phenominal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

I have to have rear climate also for my dog!! Haha. I think you're right in that I'd be happy either way.

The biggest drawback on the 13 is like you said - the body style. Starting to look dated. But with the asking prices were $25k difference which is pretty compelling. It has the 5l v8. The 15 is the 3l v6. Both are comparable option wise. What do you mean they are different beasts? Any issues with the 15's being a redesign I should be aware of?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The '13 Sport I believe only had the naturally aspirated 5L V8 as a standard option, though a Supercharged 5L V8 may have been a late limited edition. '14 introduced the Supercharged 5L V8 as a standard trim, and that's a very different beast than the naturally aspirated 5L V8 or the supercharged 3L V6.

Have you looked for a '14 SC V8 CPO as an option? I suspect any teething issues with the new generation model year has been addressed by the PO, and CPO will take care of the rest up to 7yrs/100k miles. Any car may have issues, my '17 SC V8 broke down at 8,500 miles and needed to be towed due to an early part failure (brake controller module), but the only issues since (27,000 miles) have been a rat eating engine wires and making a nest. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the connection last night on why there's been a rising inventory of 15's...the 36 month leases are coming up. I'm looking for something low miles (25k or less is optimal) and the more I thought about it - and knowing previous issues I've had in the past - I'm definitely looking at a CPO. I haven' considered a 14 SC V8, but I wouldn't rule it out if I was shown one.

Appreciate the input so far!

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
The '13 Sport I believe only had the naturally aspirated 5L V8 as a standard option, though a Supercharged 5L V8 may have been a late limited edition.
Umm, what? That's completely wrong. The 2010-2013 sport had the N/A 5.0 V8 as standard and optional S/C 5.0 V8 since the beginning. As of 2014, the new body style sport came standard with a S/C 3.0 V6.

It gets tricky with the FFRR, as the 2013 (new body style) had the N/A V8 as standard for that year only, switching to the S/C V6 as standard in 2014.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love my 17. But I personally prefer the look of the older body style better. Just not sure how comfortable I’d feel with longevity.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Having owned both, and driven each for 4 years. I can tell you with absolute certainty that the L494 is a lot more car and overall a much better ride. I loved the previous style also but IMO it was no match for the L494. Go with the 15.
As for the $25k difference. Look. You can save $25k and buy yourself a 2010 Kia spectra. But you want the better ride. And keep in mind that the 2015 L494 will always be worth more than the 2013 when you go to sell it later also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm leaning every more towards the L494/my15. especially with the financing deals I just found out about. Money is so cheap right now on the 2015's...0.9%?!?! are you kidding me????

Just have to find the right one now..Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
testdrive the V6 first and not for 5 minutes but like, really testdrive it. It's significantly different from the 6 speed NA V8 behavior-wise (even though the HP outputs are more or less the same)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can stretch to MY15.5 rather than MY15 a few more options became available (at least in this part of the world) like HUD, ATPC, and I think InControl Apps? These then went on to become standard on MY16 I think. Would be advantageous to check your proposed VIN in Topix to double check what you will be getting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can stretch to MY15.5 rather than MY15 a few more options became available (at least in this part of the world) like HUD, ATPC, and I think InControl Apps? These then went on to become standard on MY16 I think. Would be advantageous to check your proposed VIN in Topix to double check what you will be getting.
curious - what might the production dates of a my15.5 be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!! Appreciate the link.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help and responses. Ended up with a my15.5 HSE Dynamic LE (that's what it said on the sticker) CPO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts