RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subwoofer (and rear LH door speaker) is not getting power. Instead of hacking all over for a bad wire/connection, I was considering running 12v from my fridge feed to the subwoofer, but I'm not sure if the fridge feed is fused, and if so where and how much. Can't find that info anyplace. That makes me nervous. Already tested the subwoofer by running 12v from a battery, and it works fine. So, does anyone know where the fridge feed fuse is located, and is this a wise or foolish idea? Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Your fridge (assuming it is the genuine fridge power supply kit), could run from either of two power supplies (I cannot tell which supply the kit connects to, from the kit install directions):
1, fuse 14 (20A);
2, fuse 8 (30A) and relay 7.

Fuses are under front right seat. Relay is in engine bay fusebox behind battery. Both supplies are fused.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks paul....do you think a stock subwoofer amp would draw too much for either of those circuits? I did a trial today, pulled the 12v from the fridge supply, turned up the radio, and no fuses popped.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I suspect it would be ok. I don't think the stock audio/amp system takes much current at all. If you're worried, put your multimeter in the power supply line to the sub amp, and see what it is pulling.

BTW, that 20A fuse 14 supply, is deisgned to be able to supply trailers with power, to run fridges/etc in there. I don't think it will have any problem running a factory sub amp (especially if you don't have the second trailer connection/plug installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts