RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of questions for those of you who have dug through the heater systems on these and know them well (the RRC in question is my '87). My fresh air/recirculate/AC switch seems to be doing nothing. As of late september even my R12 charged A/C was still in operation and the switch between fresh air and record was working. Now none of the functions works. Checked all my fuses related to heat and nothing. Could it just be the switch or is there something else that can cause a non function there?

Also, I found a whole mouse nest in behind the grilles on the dash, in behind the flap on top of the heater core. Cleaned that all out, and I need to know if there is space under the core that may also have blockage. Was about 20 last night on my ride back from a 600 mile trip and my lady was all bundled up - even I was feeling a bit of a chill. Hot air from the vents, just not a whole lot of it. I figured maybe it was just British heater systems not being the best design, but I want to get all of it I can! My lovely lady gets cold a lot quicker than I do and I want to avoid taking the Grand Cherokee when it is inclement out. If there is a space in there below the core - any vents I can chase a vacuum through or do I have to pull the box - and just do the core and blower while in there?

Thanks in advance! Almost everything is working on it, just a few tiny things to suss before it gets REALLY cold up here in Maine!

ALSO, shoutout to the guy I passed in the RRC on Verona Island yesterday with the blacked out hood!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update for anyone searching this in the future...

Heater box can be accessed through removing dash strip with grilles, to get the top of the heater core clean, and through the bottom hose outlets for the bottom of the heater core. Resealed the dash vent door with new foam and now heat flows well through the foot and defrost vents. Still pushes lukewarm air out of the dash vests though when opened. Are these supposed to be warm or have full heat?

Had a loose wire in the connector on the back of the fresh air/AC/RC switch, easy enough, all works now correctly

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will be digging into ours soon as well. For a while now when you switched between AC and heat, the wrong blower fan would come on. Now the heater blower won't come on at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts