RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter the drivers door on my Range rover Vogue 3l kept freezing. Once the weather warmed up its ok. has anyone any suggestions that I could do before winter sets in again. I do-not have a garage. Cheers

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My wife's BMW had this happen to the driver's door as well. I think they are probably the same latch design (they look like the same thing anyway). I tried everything, lubricated it as much as possible (it is a sealed unit)... nothing worked. In the end I just bought a new latch and it has been fine. The latch was almost $200 though :(

After installing the new one, I took a hack saw to the old one to see what was inside. There are a bunch of moving parts which were badly corroded. I guess in the cold they just didn't move as well, but when warm it worked.

Every time it got below 20F we had to climb in from the passenger side because even if you used a hair drier to warm it up and get it open, it would sometimes not close afterwards, or freeze again later if the car got cold sitting in a parking lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Which part do you actually call the latch so I can have a look at mine. Thanks.....any other suggestions please

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts