RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Freelander. Do I detect a caste system in here where owning this model makes me an Untouchable or did I miss the appropriate forum?

I caught my temp guage bouncing back and forth between red and normal on a short trip (car running fine), but should have been suspicious sooner because my auxiliary fan has been racing after shutoff and I have been slowly losing coolant. The nightmare stories out there have me thinking from best to worst case:

--Air in system due to small leak or cap
--Thermostat going fast
--damage already done from too much overheating and I am now an indentured servant to this car...

Thoughts?

--Leamas

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Err... Uhm... This is RangeRovers.net not Freelanders.net. You might try another site like landroversforums.net or landroversonly.net. I'm sure someone there can leand a hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had two Range Rovers (Classics) before this and most of the people liked the Land Rover parentage and had the spirit of brotherhood and helpfulness. I didn't get the exclusivity inherent in the web name, but get it now--from you anyway. Guess I'm the poor cousin with this, but won't pee in your gene pool with my inferior chromosomes...

Leamas

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
leamas57 said:
Petrol 6 cylinder...
I'm sorry.
Now a diesel 6 would be worth having a Ford Escape... err, Ford Freelander. Too bad diesel is a four letter word in the States. If my P38 weren't a special vehicals rig I'd be changing over to diesel in a heartbeat!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
P's me off that back home in UK I can get anything in a diesel, but over here.... :naughty:
Retarded.

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
933 Posts
maybe im thick, and not wanting to go OT - whyyyyyyy can't you have diesel versions of vehicles in the states??

-Will :)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
wills said:
maybe im thick, and not wanting to go OT - whyyyyyyy can't you have diesel versions of vehicles in the states??

-Will :)
Because Mr. Diesel was French :)

beyond that, it's just mis-information on the part of the general public, and the sellers of diesels not willing to fight the information battle. the masses believe diesel is dirty, nasty, and inefficient because of the failed attempts by the big 3 in the 70's (I believe). Instead of buying good diesels from Europe, they built crap diesels. Now the public "doesn't want them" and car companies won't challenge that notion. We all know how agile and adaptive their business models are..

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Until recently their diesel wasn't as clean as ours, some stations don't have diesel (3 years ago) and some states don't allow diesel cars to be sold.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Also, depending on current supply/demand conditions, prices of Diesel 2 (the "clean" diesel) can get more expensive than petrol around here. Right now they are about the same, but when fuel prices were just under 5 bucks/gal a little over a year ago here in California during our last "energy crisis", diesel prices skyrocketed to well over $5 as refineries concentrated on making more unleaded and less diesel, and truck drivers nearly rioted!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
However, even with diesel at a par on price with gas, I'd take a TDV8 any day here, with practically twice the mileage, more torque and still plenty of acceleration, it's a winning combination.

Now for those who want flat out acceleration, this may not be as appealing...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts