RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 06 RRS back Wednesday, after 5 weeks in the repair shop - after that nasty situation with the elk. She looks beautiful and I'll post new photos soon. :dance:

But, as I'm driving home yesterday, the engine light comes on. I decide to take it to LR this morning, and after an hour they tell me the catalytic converter needs replacing. :cry:

Dealership (who was very familiar with my ride - as they supplied all the parts to body shop and had to help straighten out airbag sensors) said the catalytic converter problem could have been caused by the impact of the unfortunate incident - but also said LR has the Sport's catalytic converter on a 'FRED' list - apparently some list of specific things they find unusual and want to track in detail.

So, dealership did all kinds of tests (for research purposes), agreed that is was covered by warranty, and said they'd replace it.

Any heard of this list? Maybe I heard wrong, but I didn't see any previous posts related to this super double secret list. :shock:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
FRED is their secrect friend when they try and not replace something that they should have and the customer catches it. They quickly name it FRED so it doesn't sound so scary and remedy the problem "under warranty" before they get in trouble with FRED's dad LRNA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts