RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been slowly getting the EAS in working order over the past few months and finally thought I had it roadworthy. I now have leak free airsprings, new o-rings at each airspring and a rebuilt valve block. I was able to get the system pressurized and bring everything up to normal ride height successfully.
When I start the vehicle, it now almost immediately goes into a soft fault. I read the fault using the EAS software from RSW solutions, and it gave 'FR incorrect signal'. I pulled both front sensors and put an ohmmeter on them and their values were nearly identical reading across the entire resistor or from the wiper to the other pins. I also slowly swept the arm and made sure the values changed smoothly - everything was fine for both sensors. For good measure I swapped them during reassembly, unlocked the EAS using the software and fired it up. Almost immediately I got a soft fault. I read the faults and once again got 'FR incorrect signal'. I understand that I may have a wiring issue to the front right sensor or it may possibly be a faulty valve block driver unit as I have heard that can be the cause of lots of frustrations.
With the EAS software, I am able to raise and lower each airspring no problem, including the front right corner in question.

My question is, what voltage/values should I see if I were to test at the height sensor connector while the system is running? Is there a constant voltage at one of the pins etc? I feel like I am so close to getting this finished and working.

Any advice is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I seem to be in the same baot as you, I too am getting the results you are on the FL instead. I am about the change the sensor thinking that is the problem, but you have gone and done more testing only to see the sensor maybe fine, so now I am not sure what to do either. Although mine does this more intermittently, and only on first start up, otherwise no problem.

I will be very interested in how you get from here.

Tyrone

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't had a chance to go chasing wires yet, but I was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head which of the 3 pins on the connecter is hot? I would assume its the center pin that the 5 volts goes to, but assuming anything on these trucks can get you into trouble.

Also, I'm curious if pulling the connector from the sensor in question cause the EAS to hard fault? It already isnt getting a signal from the sensor as it is - at any height I set it to using the EAS unlock software it reads the same value.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
not positive of the pins, but I believe the center is +5

disconnecting a sensor will give a soft fault IF that's the only sensor issue. if there is another sensor giving bad indication it will hard fault (after some time).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I have the next 2 days off so I'll be chasing that wire to its source and testing. I'm definitely hoping that it’s just a wiring problem as that’s easier and less expensive to fix than some of the other possibilities. I have no problem cutting out the faulty wire and rewiring it all the way to the sensor and weatherproofing the connections. That's the kinda stuff I have fun doing - of course now that I have said that it'll be a total nightmare: D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to post this here in case anyone else needs to do any EAS wire chasing. Its tucked away here and there in some posts but I figured it wouldn't hurt to include it:

Pinouts and Schematic Diagram
1 Slate/Green Power from Delay Relay (+12V)
2 Orange/Slate Rear Left Height Sensor Supply (+5V)
3 Orange/Blue Front Left Height Sensor Supply (+5V)
4 Orange/Pink Rear Left Height Sensor Feedback (+0.5 - +4.5V)
5 Orange/Green Front Left Height Sensor Feedback (+0.5 - +4.5V)
6 N/C Not used
7 Blue/Pink Lamp Control and Message to BeCM
8 Green Compressor Relay Driver (+12V To Enable Compressor)
9 Green/Slate Exhaust Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
10 Green/Black Front Left Air Spring Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
11 Green/White Rear Left Air Spring Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
12 Slate Engine Speed Input From BeCM C114
13 Slate/Blue Air Pressure Switch Input (+12V When > 150psi, Otherwise 0V)
14 Black/Pink Park/Hand Brake Input From BeCM C112 (Ground To Enable Access Mode)
15 Yellow/Slate Inhibit Switch Input (0V When Pressed)
16 Black/Purple Thermal Switch Monitor (Open Circuit/No Connection On Overheat, Otherwise 0V)
17 White/Pink Diagnostic Socket Serial Receive
18 Black Ground E154 (0V)
19 N/C Not Used
20 Orange/Red Rear Right Height Sensor Supply (+5V)
21 Orange/Pink Front Right Height Sensor Supply (+5V)
22 Orange/Brown Rear Right Height Sensor Feedback (+0.5 - +4.5V)
23 Orange/Yellow Front Right Height Sensor Feedback (+0.5 - +4.5V)
24 Black/Pink Height Sensor Ground (0V)
25 Blue/White Lamp Control and Message to BeCM
26 Green/Orange Inlet Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
27 Green/Pink Front Right Air Spring Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
28 Green/Yellow Rear Right Air Spring Valve (+12V To Open Valve)
29 N/C Not used
30 Yellow Road Speed Input From BeCM C112 (+12V Square Wave)
31 Green/Purple Brake Switch (+12v With Brakes Applied)
32 Yellow/Orange Dashboard Up Switch (Ground When Pressed)
33 Yellow/Brown Dashboard Down Switch (Ground When Pressed)
34 Purple/Slate Door Input From BeCM C112 (Ground When Door Opened)
35 White/L. Green Diagnostic Socket Serial Transmit

http://www.landywiki.co.uk/index.php?ti ... ic_Diagram

1 - 7 of 7 Posts