RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are the ones I have. Use a set of 4 on my 02 4.4 V8 with 255/55/19 tyres. No problems at all, don't catch or even go near any components despite LR telling you not to use chains on the front...

Only prob I have had is that after 2 years the little rubber section at the end of the yellow chain that you clip on last started to split on one of them. Removed and replaced with small bungee.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
JBaguley said:
They are the ones I have. Use a set of 4 on my 02 4.4 V8 with 255/55/19 tyres. No problems at all, don't catch or even go near any components despite LR telling you not to use chains on the front...

Only prob I have had is that after 2 years the little rubber section at the end of the yellow chain that you clip on last started to split on one of them. Removed and replaced with small bungee.
Where on earth have you been using 4X snowchains?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before I got the Vredesteins !!! ;-) I have them for skiing in the Alps as they are required by law.

Howeverm I live in an area with some very steep hills about (South Bucks) and the chains are wonderfully reassuring when going down steep icy/compacted snow hills. Also good for towing other cars out of the way up steep icy hills so I can get out of my road !!!

Last year (Feb) on one of the hills I could not get up it with the Wranglers on at all despite trying all different techniques, can with the chains with ease and more importantly can come down safely.

However since getting the Vredesteins I have not needed them (yet) but they stay in the boot in times like these just in case...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
JBaguley said:
Before I got the Vredesteins !!! ;-) I have them for skiing in the Alps as they are required by law.

Howeverm I live in an area with some very steep hills about (South Bucks) and the chains are wonderfully reassuring when going down steep icy/compacted snow hills. Also good for towing other cars out of the way up steep icy hills so I can get out of my road !!!

Last year (Feb) on one of the hills I could not get up it with the Wranglers on at all despite trying all different techniques, can with the chains with ease and more importantly can come down safely.

However since getting the Vredesteins I have not needed them (yet) but they stay in the boot in times like these just in case...
I know the area well and fully understand now! I am off the the Alps in February and will have my snow chains (That I purchased for my wifes Disco3 - same wheel size/radius/tyre size) in the boot but hope with the Super-Vreds I won't need them :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts