RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

So I've been hunting for the right of tyres for a while now.

I have 275/40/R20 on at the moment and want to upsize to 285/50/R20, my wheel measures approx 10.5 inches across.

After discovering the Copper LTZ Neon's are now discontinued, I went after sourcing Nitto Grapplers only to find out they are not road legal in the UK.

So I found these https://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/product/renegade-rt-285-50r20-119-116q/

Radar Renegade RT+.

Look the business and not too expensive.

However when I worked out the standing height of the 285/50/R20 it cam to a whopping 792mm. Which is up in my arches.
Surely my calc is wrong though as I know a few of you have fitted this tyre size without mods.

I also wanted to add 10mm - 15mm spacers to widen the stance.
Perhaps 10mm on the front and 15mm on the back

For the best look, would you suggest not going past the outer arches when spacing the wheels. Should also help with any rubbing.

I have an 08 Range Rover Sport.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't ever let the rubber outside your arches. That is ghetto on any vehicle.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
769 Posts
With 20" rims and 50 profile tyres, why are you even bothering with ATs - they will be useless offroad. If you want to stay that size you would be better with a road tyre. If you want to head offroad I would be looking for smaller wheels (with brake mods if needed) and higher profile tyres - you seems to bee looking for looks over function.

Why are the Nittos illegal in the UK? They are legal everywhere else - I have them on my car, ATs in 18" and 60 profile - they are good on the road and great offroad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't ever let the rubber outside your arches. That is ghetto on any vehicle.
So it works out the smallest spacer I can get which bolts onto the hub is 20mm. The thinner spacers require longer nuts which I don't fancy getting as from what I've read there will be a lot of stress on the nuts.
5 - 10mm of rubber will be past the arches, borderline ghetto :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With 20" rims and 50 profile tyres, why are you even bothering with ATs - they will be useless offroad. If you want to stay that size you would be better with a road tyre. If you want to head offroad I would be looking for smaller wheels (with brake mods if needed) and higher profile tyres - you seems to bee looking for looks over function.

Why are the Nittos illegal in the UK? They are legal everywhere else - I have them on my car, ATs in 18" and 60 profile - they are good on the road and great offroad.
Looks over function, a bit like your profile picture :lol:

The only off-roading I'll be doing is some dirt trails getting to work, the renegades will be a lot better compared to my low profile pirelli's which have little tread left now :roll:

Tyres Direct UK mentioned the Nittos are illegal in the UK. I didn't ask why, but I can't source them anywhere in the UK.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So it works out the smallest spacer I can get which bolts onto the hub is 20mm. The thinner spacers require longer nuts which I don't fancy getting as from what I've read there will be a lot of stress on the nuts.
5 - 10mm of rubber will be past the arches, borderline ghetto :roll:
Fair enough. Always best to avoid stress on the nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts