RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have seen low mileage disco diesels engines for around 1000 in Ontario but because they come from right hand drive trucks they don't fit (steering box is on the wrong side) They are a dime a dozen in the UK because they are not used in such conversions.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Diggaz said:
I have seen low mileage disco diesels engines for around 1000 in Ontario but because they come from right hand drive trucks they don't fit (steering box is on the wrong side) They are a dime a dozen in the UK because they are not used in such conversions.
:? I am not sure I am following your train of thought. What does the steering box have to do with the engine? Lamorna Garage in Seattle has done serveral 300TDi conversions into LHD rigs. The engine/tranny pairs come out of UK discos. In fact Gord'n has a spare for sale right now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
http://www.britrest.com/index_a.htm This is where I got the info, something like the turbo doesn't fit. He uses the ones out of defenders, if the ones out of the discos work i would like to know because I seen him sell them for around the 1000$ range. :think:

·
Registered
269 Posts
The info is at the bottom of the home page, it seems you can fit one but its a mess. The ones from a defender are better but more expencive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts