RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My wife has an issue with her 2020 Evoque R Dynamic s. We were driving one day on a straight flat highway and then all of a sudden an error message appeared, 'forward alert not available above 80kph', the message appears every time the car is switched on and it can be dismissed but there is still and 'i' displayed on the dash, and she has no cruise control.

Took the car into the local JLR as she only bought it in January as i assumed it was just a standard error message that needed clearing, but she did get into a little bump a in mid Feb where she bumped into someone with the front of the car (the car is find, no even a scratch or any visible damage) and JLR are saying this is the cause, and that it will be about 3000$ to fix it.

They've said this even though they haven't taken the bumper off so they have no way of knowing what has happened behind the bumper. As i assume it's just the sensor that has maybe disconnected from a connector or something.

Also bear in mind that the error message came up over two weeks after the bump she had, between when she had the bump and the error message appearing everything worked fine. so i can't see something breaking two weeks after the fact, unless it's just a loose connection of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, did you get this resolved as I'm having the same issue with my FA.
Apparently it's a problem with the forward sensor for the the cruise control. JLR has said the whole unit needs to be replaced, which will cost 3000$. I'm skeptical though as when they ran the diagnostic on it it said that it just needed alignment and then after they took the bumper off, they said it was broken and needed replacing.
We're gonna take it another JLR dealer and have them run the diagnostics on it and see if it is sill saying it needs calibration or if the guys have now broken the sensor when they've taken it off.

Even though this is what has happen to my wifes car i have heard other people saying water/heavy rain can affect it as well though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cruise control and sensors all work perfectly. It's only during start up that I get a warning message on the dash / console.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts