RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum but need someones expertise in helping me solve the issue in refuelling my 09 TDV8.As if its not painful enough the cost of filling the baby up but I have the torture of working out the most effective way of holding the fuel nozzle in without it clicking off at the pump (constantly).This has got progressively worse in that now it takes so long that the pump times out well before i can fill up the tank to max levels .Ive tried all the obvious ...holding the nozzle at different angles ...teasing the flow pressure of the hose handle...holding the nozzle as far in/out of the car tank....choosing every garage pump in 100 mile radius...swearing out loud whilst using the pump(!!!) but none seem to make a difference.Has anyone got any idea what the problem may be ? As an indication it took me more than 15 mins to put less than £100 worth of diesel in last week and then the pump timed out plus i was so ticked off that its actually depressing me the thought of having to do it all over again this week ! Any sensible suggestions greatly appreciated..and yes i have thought of selling it a few times whist taking root at a service station.HELP

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
There must be some sort of restriction keeping the fuel from flowing into the tank as fast as it should. I think the diesel has a shutter that is supposed to close if you insert a gasoline filler? Perhaps there is something wrong with it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problem with that on my Range Rover, but used to happen a lot on my Porsche. A guy showed me one time to stick it in completely upside down, and never had an issue again. Try turning the handle completely over before sticking it in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
M3lisav
I've ran into the same problem with my jeep lots of stations have the wrong nozzles on there pumps.
If you look into filler tube you will see a yellow plate which stops the fuel going into the tank.
In the boot lift the cover to get at the spare wheel on the right hand side there is a yellow tool as in picture.
Insert this tool into filler pipe as far as it will go, then hold the end that is in the pipe against the top of pipe and pull back this will reset the yellow plate and let you fill your jeep.

Diesel filler tool.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ive just found the tool in my boot and I think I've reset the filler guard...Whoo Hoo cant believe im saying this but im actually looking forward to refuelling my car ..i'll let you know if it works.Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts