RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul and 3E’s recent river fording pictures inspired me to do some river fording myself. So after several nights spent going over topo maps until the early hours of the morning, I picked a suitable river and fording spot. Needless to say, the 4 hr drive seemed like 4-1/2 hrs-- I just couldn’t wait to get there. When I finally got there, I wasn’t disappointed.

The river…

Preparing to go…

As you can see, the current was quite strong. Good thing I had the stock 19’s on because during the crossing, the water actually came up over the bottom lip of my wheels at one point.

But I made it!!!

Anyhow, couple of things I learned, especially for newbies wanting to try this:

1. Always test the depth and probe the river bottom with a stick. Fortunately I was in a forest and there were plenty of sticks.
2. There’s no water fording icon on the terrain selector knob :evil: . This threw me for bit so I pulled out the manual to check if I was missing something, nope---maybe on the ‘10’s? I used the rock crawl mode and that worked fine.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Goosey!!!! Awesome!!! Perhaps they left out "Submarine" mode on the MY'08s. :wink: Funny you mentioned a water mode, during the Rally someone was commenting on all the modes and such and said it probably had "Submarine". :lol:

We need pics of the water above the lip...or it didn't happen.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, you must have brass balls. That must have been intense.

Just like the water I have to ford on my street when someone over waters their lawn. Really scary.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umbertob said:
Actually those are pretty cool boots!
They come in white--not sure if its Chawton though.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Drevs said:
Agreed. We all know that people from NJ tend to exaggerate.
gooseyloosey said:
I left my color matched Hunter Stornoway wellies at home.
texas993 said:
Just like the water I have to ford on my street when someone over waters their lawn.
gooseyloosey said:
They come in white--not sure if its Chawton though.

Threads started by goosey...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
I think Goose is ready for Great Divide 5!

Finally getting all of our Colorado pictures together this weekend to share a few goodies with the 4 people on this forum who actually go offroad.

: :D

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PJPR01 said:
I think Goose is ready for Great Divide 5!

Finally getting all of our Colorado pictures together this weekend to share a few goodies with the 4 people on this forum who actually go offroad.

: :D
Paul, I can't wait to see those pictures.

How about a slide show like this...

[youtube:2o418fgr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2pNj4L1NoM[/youtube:2o418fgr]

may he RIP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts