Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
309 Posts
Very interesting. The model line is enjoying tremendous success in sales, so I'm very curious if this is just a "new breed" of buyers unfamiliar with the brand that are gobbling these up (same happened with modern BMW lineup: nearly utter rubbish compared to previous couple of generations, but still selling like hot cakes to first-time BMW owners) or maybe the focus shifted from offroad capability to cushy on-the-road manners and abundance of tech? I've not driven the new one, so it's a pure speculation. Anyone who has, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I believe that for these years the suspension issues were addressed, but not fully. But this is what i read in the forum, I did not drive one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Drop a link to this thread in the L405 forum and you should get plenty of comments from those owners who used to own L322s.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
For me, my biggest issue with the L405 is that it just doesn't look special enough. It almost looks like a Ford Explorer sometimes, which is kinda lame. Range Rovers are supposed to be boxy and truck-like, that's why I like them so much compared to other SUV's.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
It flies under the radar I suppose

my 322 gets called a Ford too often, though..

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I assume this has been addressed under warranty, after all many of the early 405s are now well over 50-80k miles, and the ones that keep them that long will be more apt to repair them.

My parents' 2014 SCV6 has been flawless, almost no problems. The front suspension on it feels completely fine at around 70k miles. I don't believe the dealer has said anything on the inspection report recently either.

I think 13-15s would be just fine to purchase as they are becoming increasingly affordable even with warranty. There was one I saw with factory extended warranty till late 2020 for around $55,000. Not bad for a fully loaded Supercharged trim with under 50k miles.

Reading furthermore into the two posts, I must disagree with most of what they say. I don't find the 405's suspension to be jarring at all, it is extremely smooth even over rough surfaces and while off roading. It is still quite noticeably smoother than any 322 I've driven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts