RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is it actually...mostly from inside the cabin ? Very hard to tell from sound clips..I've heard several. Specifically does it drone, and can you keep it quiet and sedate by being gentle with the throttle?

Obviously it's going to be louder than stock but from those who've done it...is it offensive? Would you do it again?

Worried about the wife hating it too much. Had a Magnaflow muffler welded in place of resonator in the '13 SC and she was "ok" with that. Just want to make sure this isn't that much louder.

The valved Startech-like systems are more $$ than I'd like to throw at it.

TIA,

-John

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have it and wouldn't do it again. May in fact remove mine and replace it with a Cargraphic one or even go back to original. The CF tips are nice but they 1) get very dirty and seem to catch a bit of brown/rust with lots of inclement weather and road salt. In the midwest mine have looked ugh...for the past 3-4 months with all the weather we've been having. Hope they polish back up in the Spring. As for sound....it drones under 3k rpms for the most part and you do hear it in the cabin. Its not huge but enough that you do notice...have to mostly keep it above 2500-2800k for it to stop and driving in Sport and/or Dynamic mode (I do this most of the time) doesn't fully resolve it. I've mostly gotten used to it and can tune it out when driving but I know its there.

Liked the RR Sport SVR one and wanted something similar. This isn't it. Is good when you rev it (dealers showed me that at pickup) and my friends that are car-enthusisasts do note my car sounds a bit deeper at start up and when driving off (listened the other day when wife drove off after borrowing my ride) but I think its not that much comparable to the SVR tho. Startech sounds much better agree (don't know abou any drone) but the cost...my god! Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's HUGELY helpful...thank you!

I may just go the route I did with my '10 and do some sort of resonator delete or muffler replacement

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts