RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having removed the airbags and replaced everything with an OME shocks and springs setup, I now need to fool the P38 "brain" into thinking that the EAS is fine and everything is running ok.

I won't be able to just fool the EAS "brain" by giving the sensors false readings etc to make the EAS think everything is ok, because I'm going to be removing the whole EAS box, i.e. compressor/valve block etc, and even if the sensors are reading the right height, the EAS is going to have a fit when it finds out that the compressor etc has been removed.

So I need some solution to make the main Becm "brain" think that the EAS "brain" is ok when I pull it to pieces, any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Chris.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
I have to admit I was close to a spring conversion a year ago, but with the John's site I was able to fix my blown spring myself. I did see the "box" you are talking about at AtlanticBritish.com - http://www.atlanticbritish.com/ProductL ... r=9520LBHD

I am not sure if that is what Chris is talking about...
I like Chris' new snorkel - much easier than using the Wadi to wash out the filter housing!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I saw this module, but I don't to shell out $500 for a little black box.

It wouldn't work now anyway because I have removed the whole EAS "box" from under the hood, what I need is something to fool the BeCM rather than the EAS brain.

I was hoping to find some sort of BeCM fix that would make it ignore the EAS system as I will gradually pull out everything else that is remaining of the EAS system as it is all redundant now anyway.

Any ideas appreciated, and glad you like the snorkel, it seems to be working well so far, and is keeping the sand out of the airbox.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts