RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been covered a million times but I wanted to ask..

In the 06, when moving slowly over a bump, etc... I get a distinct hollow sounding clunking noise .. doesn't seem to happen at high speed..

Obviously there is an issue but will it do further damage or be a safety hazard if I just ignore it?

Its not that bad and am about to head east to Texas for a trip .. dont have time to bring it in..

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Assuming its the front end normal clunk everyone has sooner or later, clunking your way to TX and back shouldn't pose a problem...in fact if it gets worse it should be easier for the dealership to locate and correct when you get back to the land of fruits and nuts.

But, if it gets really bad and the steering feels looser, get it fixed sooner than later.

Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
318 Posts
beachfront said:
I know its been covered a million times but I wanted to ask..

In the 06, when moving slowly over a bump, etc... I get a distinct hollow sounding clunking noise .. doesn't seem to happen at high speed..

Obviously there is an issue but will it do further damage or be a safety hazard if I just ignore it?

Its not that bad and am about to head east to Texas for a trip .. dont have time to bring it in..
no damage it is just a bad bushing, it is annoying as hell though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Guys, check the TSB's there is a regarding the issue, I complained of a squeek and clunking noise>> bushings and control arms were replaced under warranty
and something else, but check the TSB it tells you EVERYTHING good luck, if your NOT under warranty :( oh oh $$$$$$$$$$$ very LABOUR intensive

·
Registered
96 Posts
I actually had this problem too and had gotten so used to it that I didn't realize until today that it wasn't happening any longer. I guess the dealership must have fixed it last time I had it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts