RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken on this small project? I always liked a car that was able to run the fogs independantly and was curious to know if anyone has done this task on the RR? If so, any direction would be appreciated. I tried the search function, but came up empty. I might have used some incorrect key words..

Much Appreciated

Jae

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
When the fog lights come on can be changed in the BeCM so that only park lights are needed to activate the switch. If you want to be able to turn them on at any time simply wire 12v to the trigger wire at the switch. The 12v source can be moved to a switched source if you want them to go off with the ignition so you don't leave them on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
When the fog lights come on can be changed in the BeCM so that only park lights are needed to activate the switch. If you want to be able to turn them on at any time simply wire 12v to the trigger wire at the switch. The 12v source can be moved to a switched source if you want them to go off with the ignition so you don't leave them on.
How would one alter the BeCM?
If there is a fuse for the fogs within the engine bay, I was wondering if using a "add a circuit" (http://www.parts-express.com//pe/pshowd ... er=071-580) would work...

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
testbook etc can change your BeCM settings. as far as the added circuit I dea I am at a loss for why you would need to. The only difference in when the fog lights come on is when you have power to the existing fog light switch. Changing that within the BeCM settings or via changing the switch wiring would use the existing circuit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excuse the noobness, testbook? Is that a program that would allow me to reprogram the BeCM to run the fogs with the park lights?

well the 2 fuse circuit, would allow me to run the points at the park light fuse and then connect a spade onto the end of the wire, thus running that spade at the fuse for the fogs. Creating the opp to run the fogs with the park lights.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
320 Posts
testbook? Is that a program that would allow me to reprogram the BeCM to run the fogs with the park lights?
Yep. Land Rover Testbook is a $$$ piece of kit to access (and up to a point reprogram) the various ECUs that make up a Land Rover's brain.

There's also Blackbox Solutions Faultmate, possibly an alternative. Have a look here to say what it can do, I guess a Testbook can do more or less the same. Autologic is another option, I believe it's more expensive than Blackbox, but cheaper than a testbook.

Of course there's the priceless (but free! :clap: :clap: :clap:) software from Malafax for one ECU, the EAS, also the most boisterous one.

Have a look around on rangerovers.net and the forum, there's actually a sub-forum dedicated to these systems.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so to be absolute clear on this, Testbook (or one of the other softwares) could allow me to adjust the configuration at the BeCM in order to run my foglights with the park light switch? No tinkering or splicing necessary?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
JaeR78 said:
so to be absolute clear on this, Testbook (or one of the other softwares) could allow me to adjust the configuration at the BeCM in order to run my foglights with the park light switch? No tinkering or splicing necessary?
My Rangie in good old Blighty, lets me use the fog lights with just the sidelights/parking lights on. No headlights necessary. So if your asking can Testbook change the protocol for the use of the fogs, then yes. If your asking can you turn the fogs on using the sidelight/parking light switch, then no.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Yes, you need to change BECM setting for market.
At least FRANCE market sets what you want, maybe all other european countries work too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts