Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RRS HSE Td6
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have the fog lights to come on when the head lights automatically come on as well as shut off? I am in the US (Arizona) and it's not illegal here (just learned it is in the UK) ... just as long as the head lights are not in high beam while the fogs are on.

Any way to make this happen? I tried searching with no luck.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Honestly... I'm interested too. I find myself turning on the Front Fogs, the Rear Fogs, and the Headlights every time I get in the Rover... I used to deactivate that stupid "ECO" option too but have since found out how to de-activate that "Loser-Garbage" feature thanks to another forum member here!

Let us know what you find out in this thread! On the road, you need to make your presence as big as possible so the idiots with a phone in their ear and their hands can see you before they run into you in their blind spot!

Good luck buddy!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
it's illegal is most of Europe for a reason. It's downright retarted to blind the person coming in the opposite lane. And foglights do just that. Don't use them unless there's a fog. The name should imply logic here.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
676 Posts
There's a special place in hell reserved for people who use fog lights (especially the rear ones) when there isn't any fog.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
I do 95% of my driving in daylight hours... Even so, I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic, ever to my recall for blinding anyone by running the fogs in daylight nor nighttime. I've been running em' like that ever since 15'... when I was ran off the road 3 times in a week by drivers coming into my lane without checking a blind spot. I bought a dash camera and run it every day for this reason. Why do I run the rear fog someone asks??? I was rear-ended in 15' by a real "Special" person while I was at a complete stop on 75/85 Northbound downtown Atlanta mid-day... I was completely stopped for 5-6 seconds cars in front, and both sides also stopped when said "Special Person" never touched it's brakes at 40-45mph impact thus totaling my Jeep and running up 29K in medical bills... (MPH @ impact was estimated by the Atlanta P.D. officer this accident happend 50 feet away from on the shoulder.) Genius claimed to have never seen me nor my big red Jeep sitting on 35's stopped right in front of him. That's the reason I run the red rear fogs for a little better visual presence. I know for a fact they don't "blind" anyone!

Gone but not forgotten... Had my 03' Jeep for almost 12 years... Now you can purchase a "JK" like this or even more hardcore offroad capable. But I built her myself as a graduation present from college so she was lovely to me and never broke down once on me!

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Jeep

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
there's a bad habit. there's feedback above. no explanation is needed: either change the habit or don't give a crap to the feedback & move on. either way is cool.

·
Registered
918 Posts
there's a bad habit. there's feedback above. no explanation is needed: either change the habit or don't give a crap to the feedback & move on. either way is cool.
Agreed...

The feedback above from you mention... do people install Fog Lights with twice the lumens as their headlights and that is what the hate is about? Not being a smart-azz here... I really just want to understand what the disgust is about. I'm in the dark here, no pun intended??? The only lights I've ever been blinded by either oncoming or from behind are from the idiots that burn their Brights... I've never seen fogs that that burn brighter than oncoming low or high beam headlights... but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Whether on clear or wet and shiny/reflective surfaces at night... I've never been blinded by anyone's fog lights at any oncoming grade/angle being flat or strait ahead. We are all car guys here and I'm simply asking out of wanting to know... I've just never been blinded by anyone running both low beam headlights and fogs concomitantly...

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm a bit confused too...
#1: fogs are meant to shine below the fog, not scattered "up" into the fog.
#2: In order to met the above, properly aimed fog lights need to be ~18" above the ground (25' away from a wall).

I have been blinded by badly aimed headlights, improperly spec'd aftermarket LED headlights, and improper use of off-road floodlights. I don't think I've ever been blinded by someone's fog lights though. It's certainly possible, but would require the fogs to be very out of alignment.

I've instructed both of my daughters to drive with their fog lights on all the time, primarily so that they are more visible/noticeable to other drivers (especially in the age of distraction). So I can understand the OP's reason for his habit.
----------------
OP: Sorry, I don't know how to help solve your original request.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover sport autobiography
39 Posts
Honestly... I'm interested too. I find myself turning on the Front Fogs, the Rear Fogs, and the Headlights every time I get in the Rover... I used to deactivate that stupid "ECO" option too but have since found out how to de-activate that "Loser-Garbage" feature thanks to another forum member here!

Let us know what you find out in this thread! On the road, you need to make your presence as big as possible so the idiots with a phone in their ear and their hands can see you before they run into you in their blind spot!

Good luck buddy!
How do you disable “Eco”??? Can you please let me know?

·
Registered
918 Posts
How do you disable “Eco”??? Can you please let me know?
There is a fantastic "How-To" thread on here on how to do it on 13', 14' and 15' models it is I believe. It involves in properly disconnecting the rear Auxiliary batters and electrically taping and zip tying up the leads. However, on newer rigs such as your 19' Rover has made it harder. I'm quite sure there is an OBDII plug n play coding bypass but I don't have that program. I'm positive Rover could do it for you if you could get them to agree to do it... Let me ask my buddy that is a Master Mechanic for (15) years at Rover North Atlanta and get back with you. Give me a couple days and I should have something for you.

It's a MISERABLE and equally STUPID feature on a high performance vehicle that robs performance upon take off for sure. And 90% of engine wear happens upon start/restart as well...So I know how bad you want this "feature" gone. Save it for the Prius owners is my opinion!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts