Almost need one more photo.... Low Beam, High Beam, High Beam with LED bar

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks great

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah, I don't have a physical switch wired thru the firewall either. I just use a FOB to turn the light on and off (for me when the high beams are on). One thing on my wireless switch is that when it is not getting constant power to the switch (the trigger wire), it always defaults to on (when it gets power). So when you wire it up with your relay, you need to feed power from the battery right to the wireless switch for the trigger wire, which then also means that you can turn the light on and off without the car actually being on....which I didn't like. Don't know if my wireless switch is stupid like that (defaults to on when it gets power from the trigger) or if you can get one that is different!!! Good luck!

BTW - I may get a SVO grille with the design more like a Sport to let a bit more light through the grille!!

Does the light bar come with a remote or can you link to the what you bought to make it remote-operated? Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does the light bar come with a remote or can you link to the what you bought to make it remote-operated? Thanks
It didn't come with the wireless switch. Had to buy seperately but its cheap. Here's a link to the one I got on Amazon. Also gives you a quick idea on how it wires in...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785S2VD8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically it wires in and connected/disconnects the trigger wires that makes the relay go on and off.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
swapped out to the SVO grille to give a bit more of an open design to let more light through. Now you can see the LED bar a bit behind the grille. Also took a pic of the bar without the grille in the way!
rover6.jpg rover7.jpg rover8.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
wanted to give my update, i decided i wouldn't be able to enjoy the light bar if i saw it behind my grill all the time so i went with piaa fog lights (goal was to add amber lighting for fog). i used my non dealer rover shop to custom fabricate my bumper trim and make room. actually had to cut my sensors out and move them an inch each way but love the factory finish

image2.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow. Both look really nice. I used to have an F250 which has upfitter switches and makes fog light (or winch) install much easier. I didnt want to get into all that with the Rover so I was thinking of just upgrading the original fog lights. Has anyone done that? Is it worth it?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts