RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fog Light ?s: Fix or leave? Lens Comp Pre-99 fit 2000? Fog light conn issues.

Well here I am ready to get my P38 up to speed and on the road! On a side note, I used to be big into VW Beetles and MK3 Golfs. Rebuilt both from top to bottom. Was very active on VWVortex. Hopefully, in time I can get to the point I can give others advice. So I am looking forward to the project car in the years to come!

I have a cracked fog light and looking to replace it? Any thoughts on if I should fix this cracked fog light lens? New to Denver, and do not want to replace if keep getting cracked.

I see some ads that list Fog Lights fitting 94-99 while some say 94-2002. Will a 1999 fog light fit a 2000 model?

Also, it seems the connector (or possibly the fog light) has a loose connection. Can I simple cut the connector and attach directly to the bulb and secondary wire (ground I'm assuming) to the lens? Does this make sense? Anyone experience this?

Thanks ahead!
-CH

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Re: Fog Light ?s: Fix or leave? Lens Comp Pre-99 fit 2000? Fog light conn issues.

They are interchangeable however the lense patterns are different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Fog Light ?s: Fix or leave? Lens Comp Pre-99 fit 2000? Fog light conn issues.

Thanks! Any thoughts on bypassing the connector that goes directly to the fog bulb?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

Apologies, I blew right past the second part. I would fix the issue, not bypass it. It could be as simple as a dirty connection. If the vents have been blocked at some point, or removed a little moisture can make a real mess of things.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts

Well here I am ready to get my P38 up to speed and on the road! On a side note, I used to be big into VW Beetles and MK3 Golfs. Rebuilt both from top to bottom. Was very active on VWVortex. Hopefully, in time I can get to the point I can give others advice. So I am looking forward to the project car in the years to come!

I have a cracked fog light and looking to replace it? Any thoughts on if I should fix this cracked fog light lens? New to Denver, and do not want to replace if keep getting cracked.

I see some ads that list Fog Lights fitting 94-99 while some say 94-2002. Will a 1999 fog light fit a 2000 model?

Also, it seems the connector (or possibly the fog light) has a loose connection. Can I simple cut the connector and attach directly to the bulb and secondary wire (ground I'm assuming) to the lens? Does this make sense? Anyone experience this?

Thanks ahead!
-CH
I thought I'd mention that I see the P38 with cracked/shattered lenses all the time, but I have yet to break one. I think people just drive them like idiots.

Now, if you're new to Denver/CO, be prepared to be buying a windshield every other year. The idiots around here put pea gravel down for winter traction.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

It is known as an econoseal connector. You can get them on Ebay.

·
Registered
123 Posts

i dont see how ppl driving like idiots would result in a broken fog light lense but maybe i am missing something... lol

replacing it should be easy. As mentioned earlier, the fogs are interchangeable however the beam pattern is different.. the newer rovers, 2000 and up have the clear center with fresnal around it..

another way to help avoid a crack fog lense that sits low, is by adding a clear film to it.. possible 3M or even Lamin-X.. Ive used the Lamin-x on previous cars to protect lenses and or change the color to give it a different look.. all up to the vehicle owner..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks, something isn't jivin'. It worked when I wiggled it. Thought I blew the bulb so I got another. Now now nothing. I'm thinking of tapping into the drivers side line. I'm going to pick up a voltage tester before i cut the lines to ensure I have voltage. I couldn't find the 'econoseal' connectors. Is there a fuse that runs just one fog light? Seems nutty to me...but my inside switch reads red/faulty as does the cpu display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts