RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... just picked these up with my factory brush bar, my 2 questions are:

1) Are they stock equipment?
2) Whats the easiest way to wire them in?

The gentleman whom I purchased them from cut the wires about 10" back from the light. The 3 wires are yellow, blue and brown in color. Can they just be piggy backed on the lower fog lights or do they have to be on their own system? Additionally, the lights each have 2 bulbs in them, a center bulb and a lower "city" bulb. Wondering how they work and if I should be trying to make each bulb work independent of one another. Thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
2 ways you can do them.
1. front fog lights can control them but must be via a relay and possibly a switch on dash, there is a space for it
2. connect to dedicated wiring already present but BeCM needs to be set to allow this function, wattage of bulbs is also limited due to draw on circuit.

If it were I, I would go option 1 as its a simple DIY job and any wattage bulb could be used provided the relay installed could handle it..

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
933 Posts
I wouldn't of called those fog lights, I would of called them driving lights which meansthey should come on with full beam on - if you have them as fog lights then they won't be any good in fog - they just make it more difficult to see as they are too high. They are not factory ones. I did a whole thread on this a while ago, hope it helps a little :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22013

As for the secondary bulbs in the lamps I would take a feed off a sidelight bulb and use a relay to get them to come on when you just have your sidelights on.

-Will :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts