RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone flushed their power steering fluid? If so what fluid did you use? I’ve decided to do mine and I did just like like the workshop manual says to do but now I’m having loud pump noise yet steering seems normal and soft. Made sure to top it off and bleed the system. The fluid I used is the one from Atlantic British and it’s the aftermarket one not the genuine Land Rover.
12’ RRS supercharged, 120k Miles

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of going that route with sucking it out and refilling but just seemed better and faster to let the pump do it, it’s not difficult just a little messy but now the sound of the pump worries me a little and I’m not sure wether it’s because of the oil as I didn’t let the pump run dry. So just wondering if I should have gone with the oil that’s recommended in the manual or in time the noise goes away

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
On my 01 Jag and my 13 HSE, I put in some Lucas Power Steering stop leak. Did a nice job of renewing some seals and vastly improved the power steering operation. Did the same on my wife's Maxima, but first sucked out the old fluid using the extractor I also use for changing the RRS' oil. Big improvement: many of those seals begin to harden over time, the Lucas helped.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason ive been a little iffy using additives, some recommend it some say dont.i mean the steering feels perfect ,stiffens up when in dynamic mode and no issues except for the now occasional sequel of the pump. it sort of started improving so ill give it a few more days

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
441 Posts
I used ac Delco cold climate power steering fluid - seems to have same specs as Rover one. Lubeguard full synthetic claims to be compatible and is available at local parts store for $15 / qt. Didn’t try that one yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts