RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved home recently and suffered the flat battery/RF problem that is well documented.

Snipping the RF aerial seemed to cure that but now the alarm is going off randomly and the battery is being flattened again. If there is enough juice left in it I get the warning "Alarm triggered - Tailgate".

Is it possible to disable the tailgate sensor, or put a switch into that part of the central locking circuit, to be fired only when I need to open it?

Alternatively, are there better suggestions/remedies?

Thanks for reading and considering.

Gencybay

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes

go to the nice man at landrover and handover lots of cash for a new RF reciever and all should be restored, your new house hasnt by chance got a wire room stat for your central heating?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a bit reluctant to cough up for a new RF receiver only to find that there is a tailgate fault as well. Is there any way to test the tailgate sensors first?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Called out by my lad as rear right hand door was clicking. This may be the cause of flat battery as I think that it is the lock solenoid/actuator oscillating.
Unfortunately, having removed the battery and then silencing the alarm, the door is locked and wont unlock using the cill plunger. Is it possible to remove the door card with the door closed?

Help!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The locking units is electric operated so you have to reattach the battery before being able to open the door.

It is not possible to remove the door card when the door is closed.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that I may have 2 probs. I disconnected the RF receiver. Alarm went off today again. Warning said tailgate. Reconnected RF to lock up and noticed that tailgate courtesy light had not extinguished. Removed bulb.

Where is the tailgate lamp switch?

Thanks for ongoing assistance.

S~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts