RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Having an issue with my 2014 RRS S/C 8cyl.......

Today when turning a corner to go up a slight hill, it felt like my transmission disengaged - the "D" on the dashboard was FLASHING. No other idiot lights came on(except the one behind the wheel), on the dash. I put my foot on the brake, pulled the EPB & put it in park. I was able to put the truck back in D at that point, and it did not happen again.

My concern is that I was going UP a hill, and the truck started to roll BACKWARDS.......not to mention what happens at 70mph.

I called the dealer and the SA said he hadn't heard of this in a few years, but did pull up a service article from 2016.

Anyone have this issue happen?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
147 Posts
That sucks and is weird! I was told by a Rover master mechanic that these 8 speed tranny's are super tough, heavy duty, and durable. He said they have to be to handle all the torque and being an AWD system. I'm wondering if you have a shifter problem with the actual shifter going into neutral. I've heard of them not getting out of park and the button having to be replaced. Try driving it in the manual mode with the shifter pulled towards you and use the steering wheel paddles to shift gears and see if it disengages again. If it doesn't then I'd say it's a shifter problem. If it does then that is a problem you need fixed ASAP as going down the road with no acceleration/power is a dangerous situation! I had a timing chain stretch and immediate loss of power in a well maintained 15' 3.5L Ecoboost twin turbo Explorer. You'll be saying prayers if that happens to get safely to the shoulder for sure! I certainly was/did!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, turns out there were 2 software updates that needed to be done. The service advisor found a TSB for this exact issue, so apparently I am not the first......

Hopefully I am good to go (knock wood)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good to know Serverman... I was hoping you'd get it worked out. Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts