RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good page covering repair of all these HVAC faults I have, or are they each their own little nightmare? ;)

Also need to get a new controller unit (I think) to get an LED screen that has all of the bars working. For me an 8 looks like a 6, etc. Also getting "nl" on the right if I try to go above 64 degrees.

*Left blend door motor (s/c to 12v/other circuit)
*Right recirculation door motor circuit fault (s/c to 12v/other circuit)
*Heater core temp.sensor circuit (o/c or s/c to 12v)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't think you want to get a "new" controller as they are $1400 US from Atlantic British. I have used the module repair guy and that works. You can get display repair bits from Marty_nz. The blend motors probably need replacing. Various sources for these including AB. Not a fun job. The sensor is easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered core temp sensor. Also found the replacement strip to reconnect the screen, figure I'll DIY that. The vents seem to change normally with buttons selecting around so maybe I'll just leave those until/if the blends become unsatisfactory. Or maybe my recirc doesn't work, but I'm not behind diesel trucks that often.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Screen repair worked perfectly! Question - are all the blend motors the same part #? STC3266 does the left and right blend as well as recirculation flap?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are also these triple blend motor units. Hmm. I have these faults, so do I need to order one of the STC3266 for the recirculation, and then a full triple motor unit to be able to fix the "left blend door"?

*Left blend door motor (s/c to 12v/other circuit)
*Right recirculation door motor circuit fault (s/c to 12v/other circuit)

·
Registered
386 Posts
the blend motors come as a set off 3 and are expensive. that's not to say they are stuffed , it means it's time to find out why they don't work properly. my guess would be the heater box has shrunk and the blend motors aren't strong enough to work properly and that means the dash has to come out . now you have to find out actually whats wrong .
if it was mine I would pull out the instrument panel and look at the blend and distribution motors and manually operate the external levers and see how tight they are (remove motors before moving leavers)
you can operate the motors if you unplug the motors from the back of the hevac unit and use a 9v battery to operate the motors and check the pentameters as well
PS my vehicle is a RHD so you would be looking at the glove box removal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts